[v25.3 - Ground Combat] Crash to Desktop on Enemy Base Mission

I can't seem to get past this last hurdle. After killing two bad guys and a hovering drone, with one bad guy left, the next action, no matter which action, crashes to desktop. 

I cleared a base a few weeks of game time before, so not sure what the difference is.

If it matters, RAM is 32GB.

Cheers,

CB

user_day_139_alien_base_manual_save4-26.json

11 hours ago, CaptBeefheart said:

I can't seem to get past this last hurdle. After killing two bad guys and a hovering drone, with one bad guy left, the next action, no matter which action, crashes to desktop. 

I cleared a base a few weeks of game time before, so not sure what the difference is.

If it matters, RAM is 32GB.

Cheers,

CB

user_day_139_alien_base_manual_save4-26.json 2.06 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Yeah, I can reproduce this from that save. We'll get it fixed in the next hotfix.

Closed Beta V25.3  21 DEC 2022

I too am having a crash on the enemy base, in the 2nd level of the Map Room, where all the enemies like to gang up ... I killed everything in the room with no problem except the Servitor - anytime I kill it the game throws up a slew of red text and crashes to desktop, whether I kill it early or kill it midway or kill it last.  Also, if I happen to hit it but not kill it, it will generally let that soldier shoot at it again, if able, but then the moment I go to try using a 2nd soldier on it, this also spurs the wave of red text and then the CTD.

Bummer, I was really liking that particular game run.

AMMENDMENT:  I decided to try one more hare-brained idea.  I simply had a soldier walk up to the darn thing with a stun baton and thrash it twice.  This counted as a kill because the thing then blew up, injuring my soldier, but ... it didn't crash my game!  I was then able to finish the base mission and go on about my happy game.  One thing to note, it didn't count it as a Servitor, even though it was spot healing every alien in the room as I was taking them down.  It was considered a Gun Drone.  Hope this helps narrow the problem down somewhat!

Edited by Wyldefyre_CP
More info