I'm not sure if you have noticed but...

Grenland was for the longest time and actually still is a territory of Denmark. Not one of America, nor Canada for that matter. Please do fix that.

Yes actually I wanted to report a bug but saw someone posting it in the bug report already. Also I have a few ideas regarding Xenonauts, Since I did plan on making a similar game. Maybe not all ideas of mine can be applied here since my idea was slightly more surrealistic in nature and placed in a different time. Still some might be good.

If by "fix it" you mean "change the backer boundary", there's a long discussion here on options for fragmenting backer boundaries into more "realistic" blocks and ultimately, why it's bad for the game.

I don't think it's bad for the game at all, and don't recall seeing anything that provided overwhelming evidence that it would ultimately be a bad thing. It would provide a much more immersive cold war setting for events. It would have also been an early step in really expanding the scope of the Geoscape, which die to obvious project constraints is pretty minimal.

see 1970s cold war scoring blocks and geopolitical mod for more

There was also nothing that demonstrated to me that it would be a good thing.

More complex yes, more immersive possibly, more fun was debatable.

Either way it isn't going to happen unless someone can demonstrate to Chris that it would add enough to the game to make it worth the time and effort involved.

That is where the onus lies for 'overwhelming evidence'.

thothkins, I'm not going to hijack someone else's thread to debate something that has already been debated. But if you can't see why it's a bad idea, the developers of the Xcom series, the AfterX series, the Extraterrestrial series (if there is one) and the remake (judging by the videos) could. Perhaps there's something in it. But hey. Not gonna debate it here.

You see..I am all for discussions with meaningfull arguments but ... really this is it?

The US has operated a major airbase on Greenland for a long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Air_Base

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramstein_Air_Base

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hahn_Air_Base

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweibr%C3%BCcken_Air_Base

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celle_Air_Base

And yet Germany is not an US-land just yet. Neither are any other countries that had or still have major american air bases within them. I mean would have it been any other argument I would have let it slip but ... ew.

Gauddlike: Denmark and (as of some time after 2000 Greenland soldiers under the danish flag can use Greenlands flag so..) Greenlands forces are responcible for its defence, America may have a military base and radar early warning sistem first against soviet nuclear bombers, and now it gained allowance from both Denmark and Greenlands peoples to build an early warning sistem and that slightly infamous rocket defence shield.

Edit: I mean if it where at least an argument between Geology, History or gameplay I'd accept it.

The discussions that took place prior to you making your request are all that has been said on the subject of territorial boundaries in a computer game like this. Chris (lead developer) has given his opinion on changing the backer boundaries, I'd go take a look at the thread I linked you to and thothkins links to see what has already been talked about.

Edited by Max_Caine

Gauddlike: Denmark and (as of some time after 2000 Greenland soldiers under the danish flag can use Greenlands flag so..) Greenlands forces are responcible for its defence, America may have a military base and radar early warning sistem first against soviet nuclear bombers, and now it gained allowance from both Denmark and Greenlands peoples to build an early warning sistem and that slightly infamous rocket defence shield.

As I said in my first post edit, I read your post but my brain swapped Greenland to Iceland somehow.

I think it's more showing the limits of keeping 'big' blocks of foundings, rather than pslit them up in proper blocks.

To take the example of greenland, the funding level wouldn't drop much from anyone (save those actually residing in greenland) if aliens were allowed to 'terrorize' that area. Other nations would be far more concerned with their populated areas than if some ufos were allowed to pick up stray polar bears.

Not saying that polar bears are the only thing in greenland, but compare population density of the entire of greenland with, say, denmark, and you should see why panic would quickly erupt among the danish government if denmark was attacked compared to if its 'sister-nation' greenland was attacked. On the same account I can't see canada or the states giving much care about the population of greenland either, given that they would be more concerned with their own populations.