Laser ammo self propagating

My laser batteries are super fertile. Upon returning from a mission they seem to increase at about 1 per laserweapon used in that mission.

Example:

I have 3 laserweapons on a mission and a total of 3 Batteries (which are naturally all inside said weapons). I fire a few shots with on of those laserweapons. When I get back from the mission I have a total of 4 batteries available.

That's a feature, not a bug.

Basically laser's ammo is recharged using a small solar panel placed on the top of the weapon during ground battles, so if it is a really sunny day it could happen that a battery gets overcharged and can be used to fire double of the shots the weapon normally has.

Just kidding, obiouvsly, thanks for reporting! :cool:

Hi sledge, in the future, when you record a bug on this forum, could you add the version number where you found it (say [v14.1], and where you are (e.g. Base, Geoscape, Air Combat, Ground Combat) into the title please? E.G. [v14.1 - Base] Laser ammo self propgating. Makes it easier for the testers and developers. Cheers!

Be aware that also moonlight can produce a little electricity, these solar panels are highly optimized!

Which could explain the ammo not getting used up, less so it's miraculous multiplication ;)

Hi sledge, in the future, when you record a bug on this forum, could you add the version number where you found it (say [v14.1], and where you are (e.g. Base, Geoscape, Air Combat, Ground Combat) into the title please? E.G. [v14.1 - Base] Laser ammo self propgating. Makes it easier for the testers and developers. Cheers!

duly noted. In fact there probably is a sticky on how to report bugs. Looking i up now *sigh*

The problem is that you've assumed laser to mean Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

When in actual fact the Xenonauts use a device created by some chaps called Lexington, Armstrong and Smythe:

Lexington Armstrong Smythe Energy Replicator.

A top secret device created by British military scientists in late 1945 which was nearly completely forgotten about as the British Government had a bit of a "Keeping up with the Jones'" moment thanks to the Yanks getting all the glory for the Manhatten Project by making and using the first few nuclear bombs.

It's only by pure chance that a couple of civil servants happened across the plans and a prototype in the back of a filing cabinet a few weeks after the aliens started attacking.

The problem is that you've assumed laser to mean Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

When in actual fact the Xenonauts use a device created by some chaps called Lexington, Armstrong and Smythe:

Lexington Armstrong Smythe Energy Replicator.

[...]

Well my head just quadrupled it's volume and poped like a small furry animal in a microwave. Kind Sir please consider taking less of whatever you're imbibing (and send just that portion over to me!);)