Make fighters salvageable!

I've tried playing the game in Normal but in Ironman mode and got an extended (not to say overwhelming) amount of enemy fighters in Air Superiority missions. And most of the times they came in squadrons of 3!

I must admit I really enjoyed the air combat UI....and really appreciated the F-17 autocannon!!!

But, since I got so many enemy fighters, I ended up loosing planes, money and nearly a C-17 cargo plane (which by the way is a great idea to actually see the transfer of materials and having to support it!), I think that there should be some reward to the fighter's crash.

Maybe for example, downed fighters would randomly crash instead of being destroyed on air! So we can salvage same Allien Alloys, Allenium and/or alien guns for profit and not to mention experience for the troops if the alien pilot survived...

[The fact is that I didn't make it to the end of second month yet, so I don't know if the reward of shooting of alien fighters is implemented in the funding of the Nations. Could anyone enlighten me on that matter?]

A few things:

1) There's an issue with too many fighters spawning currently, it's been going on for a few builds.

2) They do give you money. Not directly, but the more you shoot down, the more money the country they were shot down over will give you.

3) Chris has already stated his view on fighters not leaving crash sites which is basically that they're small fighters and would either utterly disintergrate when shot or be destroyed when they hit the deck and as such there would be no crash site worth salvaging nor would there be any aliens left alive requiring a Xenonaut presence.

4) Around the third month is where you'll start getting the first of the new fighters available to research (once they're added into the game), so fights against them will become much easier.

It already becomes much easier when you load up your F17's with Laser Cannons and Alenium Missiles.