[V 17.1 Geoscape] Base Attack Bugs

MrAlex

After locating the base, the aliens send a cruiser to attack it. Here I noticed a few bugs:

1) After the Cruiser enters the radar zone, the game does not show any dialogues. If time acceleration is enabled at this time, the player is unable to respond to this attack in a timely manner.
2) If a player clicks outside the message box, it will disappear. The player will not be able to start the mission. Time stops and it is no longer possible to continue the game.

A similar problem with the UFO interception dialog box and others. It often happens that when you click outside it, it disappears.

user_base_attack_bug-28.json

Edited by MrAlex

Thanks. Those are interesting bug reports. The one where clicking outside the panel closes the panel and leaves you unable to progress in the game is quite easy to fix - I think I'll just disable the functionality that dismisses these pop-ups if you click on the Geoscape, and only set them to close when you click on the Close button. It's meant to be a usability feature but I've found myself accidentally closing those popups quite often so I'll see how it feels with that function turned off.

The second bug with the UFO not being detected is a good find, nice job. It looks like that UFO isn't being detected if it spawns within radar range of a base. It detects the UFO fine if the radar at the south america base is disabled and it enters the range of the base it is attacking.