[V 17.1 Ground Combat] 4 Bugs in One Mission

MrAlex

When MARS used the smoke launcher, smoke appeared. In it I noticed 4 bugs:
1) The smoke was permanent (did not disappear even after six turns)
2) Soldiers who entered it - received a stun
3) The soldiers got permanent stun (were stunned 6 turns and did not wake up until I used the medical kit)
4) Soldiers who woke up after using the medical kit lost their TU until the end of the mission.

I have always used MARS to protect my soldiers from alien fire. But now it protects poorly (aliens often shoot through the smoke without problems), and also stuns my soldiers :mad:

MARS Stun Smoke.jpg

The strange thing is that the smoke only stuns my soldiers. Aliens have immunity to it. I kept the alien in the smoke zone for 3 moves, without any effect, as soon as my soldier gets there, he immediately falls.

And another interesting thing is that the smoke acts on all floors. I fired on the third, and the soldiers also fell on the second.

Edited by MrAlex

• 2 weeks later...

I agree this mechanic is confusing and we'll be adding more information to explain what's going on, but the smoke inflicts stun damage each tile you move through it. This can be prevented using the Rebreather item. I think the aliens only have immunity to it because they are Sebillians and so are regenerating HP - I'm guessing they're also regenerating stun damage given that the medikit seems to heal stun damage. We'll take a look, as they shouldn't be doing that.

Several other bugs here that we're planning to fix - the smoke being permanent is a bug, and either it shouldn't be possible to wake people up with the medikit (which is how it was meant to work) or if you can wake them up then we need to fix the TU bug.

I'm not sure the smoke on different levels thing is a bug - it looks like there's smoke on both levels. Not sure how it got there though, in general the smoke explosion should be confined to a single level. Did you only use a single smoke grenade there?