[16.1] Some Opening Observations.

Body count never counted at the squad or platoon level. For that matter at even the battalion level. The only thing that mattered was we finished the mission and most important brought all our guys back to base camp  Maybe the Devs  could do something with a monthly body count / mission completion number for a small panic reduction worldwide

As I see it when playing this game I am assuming the roles of three people. First I am directing the earths response to the invasion at a Strategic level . I must get the best bang for the buck while not forgetting that this could and hopefully will be a long campaign. I must choose where to build bases and what assets go where. Then decide where I should best to put efforts in R&D.
  As the tactical commander I must decide (within economic restraints ) where to best place my troops to respond to terror attacks, assault alien bases and the occasional foray to a downed UFO. All this while still being able to defend the bases from alien assaults. This is a juggling act, keeping enough mission capable (stress) troops that can respond as needed. I believe this is the most thought provoking and enjoyable element of this game.
  And finally as the squad leader I must first select the squad per mission requirements. Equip them as needed and finally deploy them to close with and destroy the aliens ( the fun part).
   I am sure I missed some key elements but the bottom line is this is a wonderful game. I am not looking for an easy game that I can beat out of the box. I want something I have to come back to and try this or that. I want something that I think about when I have idle time. Don't get me wrong I do want to be able to beat this game. But not without effort and hairpulling. I think the Dev's have done a great job and come so far since X1. I have over 400 hours playing X1 and another 247 with X2 so I have tried many different strategies. Tweaking the balances here and there might be needed but I find this game extremely enjoyable and will recommend it to others when it goes hot.

Also we mustn't forget that in the process of creating systems to mimic situations based closer in reality, a game can become less fun. I trust that most of you who have access to the game right now will help through constructive criticism and good suggestions to help fill in some of the gaps that may appear along the development of Xenonauts 2.

That being said so far I'm super excited for this release!

Point well taken, and I could not agree with you more. When PUBG first came out some of the situations in that game were just too real for me. If I wanted to play a FPS game Call of Duty was a great fall back. Not very realistic (not like killing aliens is) but mindless fun. Everyone has their own flavor of entertainment. I think the Devs hardest job is to insure that the players keep coming back for more. Anyone who is following these posts is already sold on this game. All they are waiting for is to see the way it all shakes out. I have read so many posts on what should and should not be, and that's great. This is why there is beta playtesting and this forum. Everyone who is a play tester should take the time to report bugs and voice their opinions. Somewhere in the middle of that will be the final product. I too can't wait for the finished product and the surprises that await. When this game goes live its going to be great game that will provide hours of entertainment for those who jump in.