[V4.2 Geoscape] alive soldiers removed from slots after mission

wulf 21

I did not see this behaviour in previous builds, so I guess some change related to the fix that inventory got removed from soldier slots after death in V4.2 (which works). I checked that it is reproducable with the savefile.

• load the 3rd crashsite.json
  • there was removed just one soldier the 2nd crashsite mission before, add assign her back to the slot
  • start the crashsite mission
  • abort it
  • confirm the debrief

Result: All 8 soldiers were removed from there slots and are displayed in soldiers Tab as "not available" (which is not true, actually they can be added to slot and used for next mission just fine).

I guess, it got something to do with the soldier rank (it worked just fine after fist mission when all were private at start of mission, now all are corporal from the start).

Edit: Found out that assumption was wrong...

Screenshots:

2019-04-26_2044_3.thumb.png.faa9db340acfcd083b4ab5194f8c9063.png

2019-04-26_2143_1.thumb.png.6b35949bf8a521afa6074a90a0c8c3cb.png

Edited by wulf 21

Next mission I took 2 new guys (rank PVT) on the mission. Turns out that exactly these 2 then were not removed from slot after mission. Additionally one of the 2 (Julie Eklund) was promoted to corporal on mission debried, but did not get promotion in armoury/soldiers Tab/no promotion message. And the portraits were our of sync with inventory (there is armour in debrief, but not in armoury overview).

Heres the save from before the mission: 4th crashsite.json

2019-04-26_2248_1.thumb.png.5837c8ee4e2403de7ab595b880302dd7.png

2019-04-26_2248_2.thumb.png.14f64649db5a513859ccd9ae0c377f4d.png

2019-04-26_2253_1.thumb.png.67b7ec0731fbcf3d2f5b997f829a099b.png

Further info: Actually my initial assumption that it is related to rank was wrong. Just had a perfect raid mission where everyone was at full HP at the start and noone took damage. All (even higher ranked) stayed in slot after mission.

Furthermore I observered some soldier being removed from slot without mission in between. It seemed to happen after status switched from "Not Available" to "available".

I think now that with the fix for the HP display in soldiers tab, there was introduced the first version of the status change (ie. wounded soldier not being available for missions) and that this is not working correctly somehow:

• trigger for "not available" status seems not correct - starting mission with already wounded soldier (even light wounds) seems to trigger it rather than a bad wound
  • "not available" soldiers can be added to Skyranger slot despite the status. Status change to "available" will remove them again

Sorry, only just saw this - probably could have saved you a lot of time if I'd commented a bit earlier. The issue here is actually the soldier fatigue / stress system, which removes your soldiers from the dropship if they go over 100 fatigue.

I enabled it recently to see how well it works, but it didn't seem to be working - but apparently it is and just isn't displaying any information to the player. I'll disable it for the next build and we'll get it fixed up at some point in the future.