Version 4 info and preview of Version 5

I've made it to the Start of February without a Hot Fix causing me to restart the game. This is good.

Now I didn't see any mention of the medical coming in Version 5 and it doesn't seem to be in Version 4. At the end of January (game time) I was taking out wounded Xenonauts because I didn't have enough otherwise. Some missions seven of my 8 soldiers came back wounded. Now some might have gone out wounded so that good. Best is none died. Still, having a medical facility that works would be a big help. Having soldiers who improve doing missions is good but less help if they come back almost dead. Worse if they do die. It's on the list, cost a million but says it's not implemented. Not going to be implemented in Version 5 either?

Just to be clear, your soldiers are healing up correctly, right? You'd just like a building that would speed the healing process up a bit?

No, it's not currently scheduled for the next build, it's part of a larger task to ensure units can only survive particular types and amounts of damage on the ground combat etc that I don't see as high priority compared to the other stuff we need to do (we'll be starting to ask what features people think we should prioritise in the relatively near future though).

If soldier healing is too slow in general and it's making it hard to play the game the way you want to then by all means discuss it; it doesn't take long to tweak the heal speed value.

I have a similar question regarding training. I am allowed to set training before I build a training center and when I do complete the building, I do not see any real difference either. What is the status of training in v4.2 today? Also regarding training, the strength training is missing from the pick list.

• Like 1

Hmm, for me the healing rate felt just about right in last few builds. If missions appear shortly after each other, I need some additional soldiers to rotate, but when there was a long gap between 2 waves, soldiers practically always healed back to 100% in the meantime.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, Keflin said:

I have a similar question regarding training. I am allowed to set training before I build a training center and when I do complete the building, I do not see any real difference either. What is the status of training in v4.2 today? Also regarding training, the strength training is missing from the pick list.

The training at the moment likely isn't the form that it'll take in the final game, but essentially you can set it on your soldiers but it'll run at 0% efficiency until you build a training center, at which point it'll start passively improving their stats.

I suspect in Early Access we'll move to a system where soldiers are actively assigned to a training course and it has a bigger effect on them, but they'll be unavailable for the duration.