L195_Smiledog

[X:CE 0.35] Cruiser interior not visible

Heyho there :)
I know this bug properly has been reported before but in case it hasn't here is my bug:

image1.thumb.jpg.837670b0ddd42ddff60426f31988fd03.jpg

As you can see the roof of the interior is blacked out. The only solution i found so far is to disable roofs then it looks like normal:

image2.thumb.jpg.c285129956699bbd090ff2f63e84a6f9.jpg

Nothing gamebreaking just wanted to let you guys know :)

Have Fun !

Quick Update:

Ok so now that my guys reached the second floor things get even stranger:

image3.thumb.jpg.9853b4e6e49ef7ca54836ba3d29c955f.jpg

So the console is overlapping with the roof and i haven't changed the roof disabling option, however after selecting it one more time it looks like this:

image4.thumb.jpg.e5a8c7e732227b15603fa2eb65d83a1b.jpg

Yeah, some of the roof button modes, like the one disabling all levels, are basically a workaround for some UFOs (landing ships and cruisers mainly) being broken on some missions. I don't think that's ever getting fixed.

Oh ok thanks for telling me. So I guess it has something to do with the tileset used then. Anyway like i said its nothing game breaking its still lots of fun :)

1 hour ago, Solver said:

Yeah, some of the roof button modes, like the one disabling all levels, are basically a workaround for some UFOs (landing ships and cruisers mainly) being broken on some missions. I don't think that's ever getting fixed.

@kabill suggested it actually has something to do with the smoke in some cases turning a prop into a wall, which i additionally assume gets put on top of the roof. So deactivating the <EnhanceCrashSites> code actually could partially fix it, as less smoke on the crash site equals less chance for the hull becoming weird. You can observe this sometimes when a cruiser is actually totally fine, because a certain tile didnt get the smoke treatment, so it is a 80% statistical occurence in the current situation.