[V9.31] Walking through Stairs

This same thing happened to me. I walked into a barn that had stairs in it and I walked one of my guys to the bottom of the stairs and from there I couldn't figure out how to see the next level above him. I clicked the little buttons on my control panel where it should have allowed me to see the next higher level but clicking it didn't do anything. So trying to have my guy move "UP" the stairs only made him stay on the ground level and he actually moved into the stairs.. or his 'graphical presentation'? moved into the same space where the stairs were.

I'm thinking the real problem is the game won't allow me to see the higher level so I can't designate a place for him to move to.

When trying to view the next level up did you click the arrows?

Clicking the bars does nothing at the moment.

To move up the stairs you need to click on the level at the top of the stairs as you thought.

Clicking on the bottom of the staircase moves you into that spot.

I clicked to move him where the bottom of the stairs would be (not trying to go upstairs mind you because I didn't have the AP for that). But instead of the game directing that character around the stairs he just walked through the staircase. So I think might be at least a visual glitch concerning barns and stairs going on here. Muenki's post seems to confirm my experience pretty much identically.

Clicking on the bottom of the staircase moves you into that spot.

As it should but it moves you there THROUGH the staircase instead of around the staircase which is the issue I'm getting to here :)

The game should route you around the staircase entirely to get to that position - right now in the barns at least you just walk through it like it's not there. I would test this more but I keep getting that darn hidden movement bug now.

Yes it moves you INTO that spot rather than onto the stairs.

The stairs have a special property in the spectre files that tells the game they are stairs.

I am not sure if that works properly with telling the game that a character can't walk through that space.

Best way to test it properly would be to try the stairs with different combinations of values in the submap and see how it responds.

For example:

If you set the spectre to be impassable then your character will walk round.

How will that affect trying to walk up the stairs if they are impassable though?