Loadouts.xml

aajs

Ok I admit it, I am dumb.

I am trying to edit the loadouts.xml but cant seem to get it working with modular system.

Can anybody give me some sample config here.

I am happy to own the whole file in my mod so want to replace all the load outs in the most simple way possible.

<Loadouts MODMERGE="update"> or <Loadouts MODMERGE="replace">

try replace one, see its working or not..

Haha thanks for that, who thought it could be that simple.

Now only thing is, I noticed that even though the weapons roles are now updated. It does not control what my starting soldiers are carrying, is that in a script somewhere?

Easiest method with this file is to use MODMERGE="replace" on the top element such that the whole contents of the file is replaced with whatever you are changing it to. It's inelegant and I'm fairly certain there's a more precise solution if you need it but I suspect that this method will be sufficient for whatever you're doing.

Haha thanks for that, who thought it could be that simple.

Now only thing is, I noticed that even though the weapons roles are now updated. It does not control what my starting soldiers are carrying, is that in a script somewhere?

I have noticed that now I have moved to 0.33 RC1 the loadouts are now at least in part being applied to my soldiers at the begging of the game.... I guess this affects me more as I have none of the vanilla weapons at the begging of my game so my starting soldiers were starting with no equipment what so ever. however now I have gone to 0.33 my starting soldiers are getting a partial loudout of what I have configured. it seems a bit random, however anything weapon.grenade now seems to appear.

I can advise you to not change beginning weapons as name.. you can replace them. Idea here is using the same weapon name. So the layouts will use the same name too so you can edit the rests. I mean whatever you put to default starting pistol, make it use weapons.pistol name...

And I want to ask you how did you make a research give a free weapon as prototype?

I can advise you to not change beginning weapons as name.. you can replace them. Idea here is using the same weapon name. So the layouts will use the same name too so you can edit the rests. I mean whatever you put to default starting pistol, make it use weapons.pistol name...

And I want to ask you how did you make a research give a free weapon as prototype?

Erm let me see....

Like this.. changed the when finished column in researches.xml

UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.largecalibershiper" );

UnlockManufacture("ManTech.ammo.ballistic.50calSingle");

StockItemForFirstBase("ammo.ballistic.50calSingle", 10);

UnlockManufacture("ManTech.Rifle50CalSniperRnk2");

StockItemForFirstBase("weapon.Rifle50CalSniperRnk2", 1);

This game me one weapon in my main base and gave it 10 clips

I am modding for months but I didn't see that code. So there is some nice codes out there but some of them are very hidden. Checking other mods make you discover them.

Do we literally not have a resource or list from where we can see all the possible variables/functions we can use?

We may be missing out on so many possibilities if can only rely on existing mods. :(