[v1.53 - Vehicle bay] Game crashes

I have 2 bases, both with vehicle bays. Every time I go to the second base the game crashes out. I tried to run game as admin, Win7 mode, even reduced the resolution no effect. The first base was in US, 2nd in USSR. I even restarted a brand new game. I also tried different versions of the game, all with same result

Event Log:

Faulting application name: xenonauts.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54d39f61

Faulting module name: xenonauts.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54d39f61

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003345b

Faulting process id: 0x10f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0421096130ba9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\xenonauts.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\xenonauts.exe

Report Id: 89e7e7be-ae04-11e4-be81-9cb654ba88b7

Yeah, a save game would be handy. But can you try validating your game files in Steam first please, and if that doesn't work then please delete the entire game directory and reinstall it / validate your game files again.

I'm pretty sure that'll make the issue go away as this is often caused by a partial download of the game or a corrupted file.

Here is the save file (I hope). I think I tried to verify the files but I will try again. I can go to the Vehicle bay for the 1st base without issue but when I click on the 2nd base it crashes. and it's the 1.53 stable version

[ATTACH]6120[/ATTACH]

Edit: I did verify and it did detect that 1 file was bad. 2nd verify said it was all good. I loaded the game again and went to the vehicle bay then went to base 2 and still crashed. I then tried to validate again and found 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired

hammer1.sav

hammer1.sav

Edited by diablosim

OK, so this is a bug with the name of the vehicle at your second base. The game is looking for the name and not finding it, which is causing the crash.

We'll need a bit more information before we decide what to do here - is this a campaign from V1.09 or have you played the whole thing in V1.5? Did you rename that second vehicle? The characters supported in a vehicle name changed from V1.09 to V1.5 so perhaps there is a now-invalid character from V1.09 in that vehicle's name?

No I did not rename the vehicle. I cant remember if I started it in 1.5 and it got upgraded to 1.53 or if I started it in 1.09. I know there was an updated that the game went through then the crash started to happen. I tried the older versions but the crash still happened.

Hmm, okay. I assume it's a V1.09 to V1.5 naming issue then and therefore not something that is easy to patch out. I guess I could get one of the programmers to remove that vehicle from your second base, but unless you're desperate to carry on that specific campaign then perhaps just restarting would be the best course of action.