[V9.1 - Ground Combat] Freeze when alien spotted during hidden movement

Hi,

The title description may or may not be the exact issue. Here's the description:

Turn 2 Hidden Movement - hear shooting

Turn 3 Hidden Movement - hear shooting, civilian makes noise

Turn 3 - move Hunter, civilian who was shot is visible, end turn

Turn 4 Hidden Movement - hear shooting, civilian dies, map becomes visible, red alien head icon on right appears

And then the map freezes in that state. The cursor still moves although won't interact with anything.

Good luck.

I think it certainly was not Sectoid (grey alien pilot), but the other whose name I forget. In the original (X-Com) after vivisection wrote that he got device to sustain life (with something like cape on back and he was tall) I got freeze also with him and after trying to shot with MG (now i know that MG does not working)

I have had a look at the spectre files for the Sebillian and notice that there are a few duplicate entries in their animation paths.

The plasma rifle for example has four <anim src="units/alien/sebillian/guard/weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle/crouchidle_w" sets.

Each of them points to a different animation.

I don't know exactly how the game decides on which action will generate a specific animation but surely having four separate paths could cause a problem?

Of course its possible it only uses the first one it gets to in which case this would not cause any problems at all.

• 8 months later...