How deal with founding lose?

Maybe there is something I don't understand, but I am feeling that the founding is not well balanced.

I have first base covering part of europe, asia, mid-east, russia and northAfrica. I shot down and raided every single UFO spotted. But I am in the edge of losing game on 3th month. I lost half million $ september, another half on october and go on.

- I received tons of UFO events that are out of range, just an unstopable bleeding of money.

- I did my second base on second month covering part of the three Americas, but when it is operative I lost almost all founding on the continent. And several UFO events occurs in refions out of range (neither foxtrt reach).

- Although I have several regions covered with my first base, most of the UFO events still appearing out of interceptor range (what means Russia, Asia, Australia and Africa South will fall soon aswell).

When I lose current game I will restart trying to start with several bases, but I think that with huge maintenance of interceptors and buildings will make impossible to keep 2 aditional bases on first month and if I wait to second month I will have working bases barely the third month that it is too late (almost all of foundind would be lost then making bases impossible to mantain).

Any idea?

You have enough money to start a second base immediately. I don't know what the best strategy is but a second base will help you to respond to events in the range of its interceptors. The more events you successfully respond to the less funding you will lose.

1. So do you build one or two bases immediately?
  2. If you build two you will only have enough money (initially) for one interceptor at each base.

In my first game I also lost ~ 1/2 million in funding in the 1st month. The 2nd month wasn't much better. In my current game using option 2 and in my first month (near EOM), I have thus far lost ~ $269k and have over $100k available. I only have one ground assault team, no soldiers or radar at the other bases and use "Air Assault" on most distant crash sites. I have also splashed several UFOs, which helps keep 'em happy.

I play in veteran level and I have:

- Mid-East base initial: 3 satellites, 2xCondor, 1xFoxtrot.

- Central America base built in second month: 1xCondor, 1xFoxtrot, 1 satellite

The problem is not the satellite coverage, the problem is the interceptor range, almost all of the UFO events happens too far from range (including foxtrot). Building 2nd base on second month were impossible afford for 3rd base neither beter interceptors.

As said RasterOps, I think the only way is to do aditional bases at begining to try stoping founds bleeding in second month, because if I wait for second month to begin building bases, when they will become functional I won't afford to mantain them. And worse of all I will have most of the continents on the edge of draw.