It would be nice if I could see the armor a soldier has equipped in their portrait

You're on a ground mission, you cycle through your soldiers. You probably don't remember them by name but you'll have assigned appropriate armor for various roles or based on how valuable a soldier is... at least, this is what I do. I'm certainly not giving Rookie #83727 my single suit of Wolf Armor, only Lt. Shotgun Murderface gets that.

So it would be nice if I could tell just by looking at a soldier's portrait what type of armor they're wearing. The equipment screen armor overlays should be simple enough to reuse.

One thing I think Xcom Enemy Unknown got right was allowing tyou the option to custom colour your troops. I would colour my sniper light blue, my assault as red and my medics as white. made it easy to tell who was who quickly.

As for the armour, don`t the men look different when in better armour? I can certainly tell apart men in no armour and those in Jackal armour.

As for the armour, don`t the men look different when in better armour? I can certainly tell apart men in no armour and those in Jackal armour.

He means the interface portrait, not the sprites.

This idea would cause one problem though: you woulnd't be able to tell apart your men once you get sentinel (even wolf could be a problem)...you would just have a team of 10 guys in the same mask.

Having said that - yes it would be nice if it was possible to add a layer image to the portraits depending on the armors they have, there would many ways to solve my issue (no helmets/ icons instead of armor etc.)

One thing I think Xcom Enemy Unknown got right was allowing tyou the option to custom colour your troops. I would colour my sniper light blue, my assault as red and my medics as white. made it easy to tell who was who quickly.

There is a mod which lets you see your specialities icons (sniper, heavy, shield guy etc.) in GC.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy