Doing several missions in one go

Also, how do I tell the game to remember equipment pre-sets for my soldiers? Two of them have been to the med. centre, I took them on a mission and they have nothing but ballistic rifle. It's so frustrating!

IIRC when they come out of the med bay they pick up the default equipment for their role. On the equipment screen there's an option to save a set of equipment as default, though that will everyone with that role.

As for your first question - I really hope so, because I try to do as many mission on the bounce as I can for each wave. I haven't checked tough..

Also, how do I tell the game to remember equipment pre-sets for my soldiers? Two of them have been to the med. centre, I took them on a mission and they have nothing but ballistic rifle. It's so frustrating!

Ok, there are a few tricks I can advise here:

First, if you do not have enough gear for every soldier on a role to be the same, set up a separate role for the better gear. E.g. Laser Rifleman role separate from the normal Rifleman. To do this, when selecting the role, scroll to the bottom and add a new one. Choose an icon, and name it. Then select your new role. It will be completely blank equipment.

Second, equip your soldier how you like the default role to be equipped. Then once again click on the role icon like you were to change it, only select "set as default equipment." Now whenever you set someone to this new role, it will pick up this exact load-out if possible including armor.

Third, you can change starting roles the same way, just remember that every soldier with that role, will attempt to use that load-out if you click equip default, even if you do not have enough gear to give it to all of them. This is why I suggest custom roles, so you can do some fast gear switching when you swap out soldiers to and from an active team. Not only can you quickly identify the soldier you switched out and remove his gear with a click, you can give it to the new soldier with another click.

Note: Soldiers who go into mandatory med-leave cannot have their roles changed. However if their gear returned with them, it is automatically unequipped, as they cannot take it to the hospital with them. You will have to manually remember to switch their roles once they come off mandatory bed rest.

When they come out of the medbay the equip an m16 and thats it, whatever their role is, at least thats what happens to me from time to time. You gotta check the gear before taking off... Their role preset stay however, so just click the "equip default role gear" or whatever its called and youre set.

As for the multiple missions, not only do your troops keep the experience(and wounds) from the prior battles, they also magically restock on ammo and explosives they had set, when they first took off, after each mission. Im not sure about the alien weapons, last time I checked if you picked up alien weaponry and didnt stop at your base, you still had the alien weapon equipped and it was at full ammo regardless of the ammo state at the end of the last mission.

Thanks for replies.

Yeah, I can confirm that you keep everything (loot, money, exp, medals, wounds) from one crash site to another.

Just went from one carrier crash to another and freaked out - one soldier has gone! X_X Re-loaded my geoscape save, checked soldier list - he's chilling at the med bay already! I didn't know my men have portable teleports! Keep this in mind and stay calm, guys! :))

I believe they may be actually smart enough to have some ammo and grenades on board of their transport :)

True, they don't behave the same way in missions, so maybe its just good headquarters officer doing his job.

I dont really mind it, even though stacking gear up inside the dropship itself has its charms, I can see how people could find it annoying.