Destroyed UFOs dont make crash sites

I've been using the MiG with its 2 sidewinders and an avalanche since that is the only plane fast enough to catch the scout.

Also the one ship that did show a crash site in my current game is a corvette. There was only one alien and no ship. I guess that is another bug?

the avalanch alone is enough to destroy a scout.

keep trying with 2 f17s,...oh.. if its in the actual battle where they cant catch the ufo just turn on your afterburners.

never had a scout outrun a f17 in battle with the afterburners on.

a scout shouldnt run from 2 f17s anyway.

Edited by NoIdidnt

In other words Uxion: your blowing them up in the air

when you defeat a UFO you have two outcomes;

crash land: lets you have a crash site mission

destroyed: there nothing left to investigate cause you blew it up.

that's why you should use weaker missiles on the scout

also if you see them running away all the time, just take in less units. I find one MiG and one f17 should make every scout charge at you.

Also the one ship that did show a crash site in my current game is a corvette. There was only one alien and no ship. I guess that is another bug?

currently the corvett looks like a yellow barn or something close to that. its new look will be in game soon im sure.

also if you see them running away all the time, just take in less units. I find one MiG and one f17 should make every scout charge at you.

if you bring a mig to a scout fight its likely it will get damaged becouse it has no roll ability.

2 f17s is best option becouse they pack 4 sidewinders in total and it only takes 3 to down a scout, plus the roll ability makes them ideal.

the avalanch alone is enough to destroy a scout.

keep trying with 2 f17s,...oh.. if its in the actual battle where they cant catch the ufo just turn on your afterburners.

never had a scout outrun a f17 in battle with the afterburners on.

a scout shouldnt run from 2 f17s anyway.

yep.

but if you only disable one missile not one missile/plane the 3 missiles left will down the scout without closing to gun range.

Edited by NoIdidnt