Sets for BurstFire ?

Ragnarok

I want my MG to have two Burst Fire Modes. I tried one, basicly a copy of how it works for SingleShot Sets.

THis one crashes my game though.

Any ideas ?

<Weapon name="weapon.machinegun" bulletType="normal" emptySound="Empty Click 1">	<props range="25" hands="2" recoil="70" weight="8" isHeavy="0" clipSize="84" reloadAPCost="35" reloadSound="Weapon Machinegun Reload" strengthLimited="1" reactionModifier="0.5" />	<SingleShot />	<BurstFire sound="Weapon Machinegun Burst" delay="0.7" shotCount="12" suppressionRadius="3.5" >		<Set1 ap="45" accuracy="25" suppressionValue="100/>		<Set2 ap="95" accuracy="35" suppressionValue="170/>	</BurstFire>			<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/machinegun.png"/>	<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/ballistic_machinegun.png"/>	<Ammos>		<Ammo name="ammo.ballistic.machinegun" type="kinetic" damage="30" mitigation="5">			<Projectile spectre="projectiles/bullet/bullet" speed="1500" showAfterDistance="60.0"/>			<Impact spectre="particles/bulletplume/bulletplume"/>		</Ammo>	</Ammos></Weapon>

There's a partial work-around in that you can use the pellet function to produce multiple shots from a single-shot attack. However, there's no way to control when the shots appear (i.e. they are shot all at the same time) so it won't look very good even though it has the same effect on gameplay.

No, although with a weapon like a machinegun you can abstract it (i.e. each 'shot' actually represents a burst instead). I don't actually think the pellet workaround is a very good one, to be clear, but I thought it was worth highlighting in any case.

Definitely worth mentioning and for some the pellet bursts not incrementing the ammunition by the actual number of bullets fired is likely not a problem but I feel it is a big enough issue to mention as it does not work the same way as burst fire on other weapons, for example the assault rifle.

Just mentioned it as something else to bear in mind if you plan on using that method in a mod.