[1.06 - Ground Combat] Everyone's c4 goes off

Hey, apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a cursory search and didn't find anything.

Several turns in to an alien base assault I placed one brick of c-4 and when it went off - well away from any of my soldiers - every other brick of c4 in various backpacks went off as well. I loaded a save prior to the mission, cleared all the c4 and placed fresh ones (seeing as it might have been similar to the old x-com bug) and redid the mission. Different base layout, different enemies, same result - the entire team engulfed in five or six explosions.

Interestingly, even when a brick was set for two turns, all the c-4 exploded on the following turn, as if it had been set for one.

Quitting and restarting the game seems to have fixed the issue, but I thought you guys should be aware of it. Thanks for the great game.

Please tell me you have a video of this :)

Unfortunately not; the best part was the single privet quaking in the corner who somehow survived.

Holy! That's a bad bug.

Yeah, I have no idea if its replicable and I wouldn't even have noticed it if I weren't a chronic savescummer. The first time I thought I might have been grenaded (by, uh, several hidden enemies) and reloaded, only to find it happened again.

Do you have a save game from the mission that we can use to try and reproduce this?

I don't think so, but I can check. The thing is, before exiting the game entirely, I reloaded to the autosave (and it continued), then to a save just prior to the mission and the bug continued as well; once I exited the game and restarted it, that same save was fine. So it seems like a bug in the session itself, rather than the save.

I should also add one detail I forgot - I noticed that when a soldier had c4 in both hands, setting one for one or two turns made the other switch to a red "0" despite not being set (which would be "--"). I imagine this was true for every brick, hence why they all went off.

Edited by verdas

I have both a video and a game save to reproduce the issue.

Here is the video:

This happened on several game saves. If you equip the C4 everyone who has it shows its primed for 2 turns.

I have yet to try re-equipping and see if it happens again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2019532/C4_Fun.sav

or attached:

[ATTACH]4621[/ATTACH]

I can dig a little deeper into this on my end if you'd like. I thought the aliens started landing artillery strikes O_O

I did edit my game to allow for 16 units on all drop ships.

C4_Fun.sav

C4_Fun.sav