Animation question on added items

RomanExx

Hey Everyone. Can't seem to find an answer to this, after playing around with the assets, I created a new weapon, that i can add to the current ones. It's a variation on a handgun, I get it showing up fine in the game, the only issue is that when the soldier has it equipped the animation that plays is one where he's empty handed. How do i get the one where he's holding the pistol ?

Files modded : weapons.xml + weapons_gc.xml + items.xml

Thanks for the help.

In the "units/xenonaut" folder you need to create a folder with the weapon name for each armour: e.g. "units/xenonaut/armour.basic/weapon.modifiedhandgun". In the "armour.basic/weapon.modifiedhandgun" folder, copy the animations from "armour.basic/weapon.pistol" to it. Do the same for the different armour types.

(I've just noticed the soldier_spectre files are gone btw, I would have just said copy that instead of the animations)

Edited by Khall

Thanks for the help! Follow up Question. Once I unpack the units, i would need to create a copy of lets say all pistol animations for all different armours and rename the folder for the weapon i created. ex weapon.combatshield.mac10, once I do that, I assume I would need to repack the files, if so I also assume i would need to add the newly created files to log.txt that the unpacker creates, so it would repack the new files ? Your insight is greatly appreciated.

No need to repack the files, I don't think. You could do, I guess, and this would make the size of the mod smaller overall, but it's not necessary as the game will use the extracted files first. In terms of compatibility with other mods, it might actually be better to leave things unpacked.

Hi I need some help here to...

I have created a folder called .\units\xenonaut\armour.basic\weapon.lightsaber

I have copied the stunbaton animations in and modified them.

Then I copied in a soldier_spectre.xml to this location and modified it so the lines look like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<spectre id="farmer" version="1">

<state id="default" name="robot" pivotX="36" pivotY="67" sortPoint="0.50">

<anim src="units/xenonaut/armour.basic/weapon.lightsaber/run_w" anim="walk_NY"/>

<anim src="units/xenonaut/armour.basic/weapon.lightsaber/run_e" anim="walk_K"/>

<anim src="units/xenonaut/armour.basic/weapon.lightsaber/run_n" anim="walk_E"/>

<anim src="units/xenonaut/armour.basic/weapon.lightsaber/run_s" anim="walk_D"/>

However I can not see my changed animations in the game. What am I doing wrong?