Hidden movement is so annoying

After spending quite some time with the game I have to say the most annyoing part is hidden movement. The larger the UFOs get, the longer you have to stare at that screen. It's really a pain in the ass.

I fear this will never change, but honestly I thought 2014 more was possible than having to wait one minute every round for the CPU to make its turn.

This, together with the the UFO waves which are exactly the same to click over and over again, drive me insane if I play the game more than an hour.

Really? I don't understand this at all. I'm playing on a basic Gateway laptop, nothing even remotely high-end about it, and my "hidden movement" times even on massive ships are lightning-quick, I'm talking like an average of maybe 5 seconds. I've actually been extremely impressed with how fast so many calculations are being performed.

This USED to be a major problem before GJ instituted all his changes around v22.6. What version are you playing? If it's current then I have to believe the problem is on your end, not the games'

not sure how relevant or helpful this will be, but once upon a time there was a civilian bug, back build 19 or something a while ago at any rate,that would lock up the game, the work around fix at the time was to just go threw your map pool and revert all the local forces and the civilians from the 2-5 range and drop them down to 0 across the board, its tedious, but some note pad ctrl-F function makes it pretty easy, this had for me at least the added bonus of speeding up the hidden movement times by a fair bit as your effectively cutting every where form 4-10 AI units out of the calculations, for me personally locals don't add any game play element worth their load time even if it is fairly minor.

numberOfCivilians="0" numberOfFriendlyAI="0" is what you would be looking for,

some map times are not worth the effort say all the small ones or any of the arctic ones as they don't have many civilians anyways but a few of the industrial or farm maps you might notice it more, not saying this will make or break it for you by any means just a thought

massive disclaimer back up your files before you change any thing and continue at your own risk

Yes, I should have explained it comes at a cost. Guess it is a case if the benefits outweigh the negatives for the player. It's largely possible I could tolerate the untargetable alien bug if alien moves are as heavy as they used to be for me in 21 Stable (yet to advance to Carriers).