My thoughts on the Xenonauts - having not played during development

-Love the new shields and grenades.

-Lack of context at the start makes it hard to settle in, until the "alien invasion" is researched. I suspect newcomers may have wonder around abit clueless. Maybe make the alien research screen come up first?

-Image of "hidden movement" ruins suspense. It distracts. Does not leave room for imagination. With just the tactical overlay like in the old- X-com, people could imagine what was out there. Tension=imagination.

Is there any option to get rid of it?

-The GUI is clean but some more tooltips over each icon (icons overviewing your bases) would be nice. I still cannot find the option to launch interceptors manually to patrol over an area.

-Man the game was hard! Love the difficulty. I had to read the quiclkstart guide(build radars!!) instead of expanding everywhere old-school style.

Don't know why, but found that image okay. Still have all the distant sound effects and a glimpse if they wander into your line of sight.

The launch interceptor button is near the top of the screen , middle right. Harder to spot since it didn't look like a button at first glance.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Hidden movement screen is moddable I think; the image is just a file somewhere in the Xenonauts folder, and can be replaced. You probably want to ask in the modding forum about that as your more likely to get an expert to answer :)

-Image of "hidden movement" ruins suspense. It distracts. Does not leave room for imagination. With just the tactical overlay like in the old- X-com, people could imagine what was out there. Tension=imagination.

Yes, it has been taken care of:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9697-Skitso-s-Sleek-AI-turn-Mod?highlight=hidden+movement

-

ummm, hidden movement was present in the original x-com

KGB+XCOM+Hidden+Movement.jpg

KGB+XCOM+Hidden+Movement.jpg

577e7cf83b322_KGBXCOMHiddenMovement.jpg.

ummm, hidden movement was present in the original x-com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4325[/ATTACH]

O wow. Now I miss X-Com.

hmmm

I must think this one is particularly distracting. Will use the mod

Still can't find the manual launch button . The "launch interceptor" button at top requires a target. I want to just send out planes on the fly.