[1.04 GC] drones&andrones and stunbaton

to reproduce: load attached save, use soldier 9.

hit drone with shockbaton 12 times (full charge) drone will stay alive

reload save, use electroshock grenade. drone is dead from 1 nade.

judging from weapons_gc stun baton should have

<Ammo name="ammo.none" type="energy" damage="5" stunDamage="60" empDamage="75" mitigation="0">

stun grenade

<Ammo name="ammo.none" type="energy" damage="5" stunDamage="50" empDamage="90" mitigation="0" dontDetonateExplosives="1" >

so 1-2 hits from stun baton should be enough for the drone.

possibly game tries to apply stun damage from baton instead of emp.

same history with adrones.

drone no empdamage.sav

drone no empdamage.sav

drone no empdamage.sav

Stun batons are only for stunning living creatures.

is there any proof for this? (besides the fact that you think that it should be as it is)

i'm think, that you are wrong because stun baton has emp damage in weapons_gc. there are only two weapons that have it: emp grenade and stun baton. either it (emp damage) must be removed from stun baton declaration, and info that stun baton works only for living targets added, or it should be applied correctly.

and second point is: stun baton generates high voltage to blackout the enemies, why is this voltage doesn't works for machines (considering, they are much more susceptible to it and it should burn their circuits (read: apply emp damage)) .

is there any proof for this? (besides the fact that you think that it should be as it is)

i'm think, that you are wrong because stun baton has emp damage in weapons_gc. there are only two weapons that have it: emp grenade and stun baton. either it (emp damage) must be removed from stun baton declaration, and info that stun baton works only for living targets added, or it should be applied correctly.

and second point is: stun baton generates high voltage to blackout the enemies, why is this voltage doesn't works for machines (considering, they are much more susceptible to it and it should burn their circuits (read: apply emp damage)) .

I understand that, but I don't know what the intention of the designer was. I don't ever remember them working on machines. If it's a bug it's been there a long, long time.

I think you would need to rename the item if you made that change.

A stun rod doesn't sound like something that should do lethal damage, even to a robotic enemy.

My personal preference would be to just remove the reference to emp damage rather the alternative if it bothers you.

My reasoing if you are interested:

The xenopedia entry for electroshock grenades specifically states that the emp pulse it creates can pass through enemy armour to damage the electronics underneath.

I don't think it makes as much sense that hitting the armour with a stun rod would have the same effect.

It might arc across the armour and cause some scorch marks I guess but I wouldn't expect it to do anything else.

It would be like trying to short out the electrical system of a car by tasering the bodywork, you might get very lucky and fry a chip somewhere but more likely it would just arc between the electrodes.

The alien drones in Xenonauts are not earthed as they hover, and are surrounded by tough armour designed to withstand battle damage.

I would guess a handheld stun device would dent or scratch it at best.