[v 1.03 steam] Soldier sort by name

I've been experiencing an issue with sorting soldiers by name on the Barracks screen. I've renamed my soldiers to better reflect the squads they're in (ie Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Bravo 1, Bravo 2) but I can't get them to be sorted alphabetically by name (all the Alphas first, followed by all the Bravos and so on).

Could it be that the soldiers' original names persist somewhere after renaming and that they're still being sorted using those names and not the new ones I've given them?

Edited by BuzuBuzu

You can sort soldiers by all the column headings (Rank, Name, TUs, Role, etc.). That's how I figure out who is best for scouting (sort by high TUs), or sniping (sort by high ACC). It all works great except after renaming my soldiers, when you click on the name column to sort by that, it doesn't do it alphabetically like expected.

No, my heavy looks like a Canadian lumberjack. That would be a really strange coincidence if it did but I didn't give enough money during the Kickstarter phase to get my portrait in the game, and even if I did I'd have had them use my actual picture instead of that funny mugshot I found online which I use for my avatar.