[V1.0- 1.03] No windowed mode?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the thread necro but on v1.06 and [EXP] 1.07 I can't play in windowed mode using my native desktop resolution. My desktop / monitor native resolution is 1920x1200, and even if I tick 'windowed mode' in the launcher, the game launches in full screen whether I select 1920x1200 or even 1920x1080. It is not my monitor or driver tools (CCC), I played most games in windowed mode at my desktop resolution.

If I select any resolution below 1920x1080, it correctly renders in a window.

It appears this is a common problem with Xenonauts, anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Win7 64, ATI Radeon 6900 2gb

I feel like it's an engine-level override wherein if the selected resolution is the monitor native, the 'windowed mode' flag is ignored and the game is rendered fullscreen. I don't want to bug Chris, but maybe I should PM him.

The reason I care is that I use multiple monitors, and it would be nice to work on the second monitor while I play Xenonauts on the first.

I have the same problem. My native desktop resolution is 1920x1080 (using ati graphic card) and I tried to run it below that resolution but it runs in full screen anyway.

I tested it in other computer using win 8, nvidia graphic card and 1400-something desktop, it runs windowed. Not sure if its a problem with high resolution, ati graphic card or win7.

I am trying 1.06 on a Sony Vaio notebook, Intel Core I7 with double graphic card (Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce GT640M LE).

With both cards, window mode is not recognized when using 1920x1080 and 1680x1050 resolutions (game is forced in fullscreen on main monitor).

Lower resolutions are fine and windowed mode is correctly enabled.

It is a known bug with the game engine that the game will not run windowed mode unless your resolution is smaller than your desktop resolution in both directions.

For example my desktop is 1680x1050, windowed mode will not work above 1600x900.

This is a failing of the basic game engine that Goldhawk have no access rights to modify so cannot be fixed.

A quick forum search shows reports of this problem going back to 2011 with many of them answered with pretty much the same post, most of the time by me :P