Grenade Question

Last I played the game was in Alpha, so I figured I'd check out the released version. It's pretty cool, but I'm having trouble throwing grenades over things. I had a soldier next to a farm hedge chuck a grenade over the hedge, but it landed at his feet. It didn't look like a very tall hedge. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Mathalor

No, you definitely can. I've thrown plenty of 'nades over hedges and walls before (and I've had aliens do the same!). You just need to not be adjacent to them. (And, I guess, not be too far away from them, either).

He's right. Grenade throws can be finicky. When you use them you really need to watch the flight path, because I've wiped out my own breeching team once or twice when I didn't realize my soldiers had dropped a grenade at their feet instead of throwing it inside the UFO.

I have never been able to throw grenades over shipping containers for sure. Have never tried on hedgerows, too scared.

Can confirm you can throw over hedegrows and walls. Haven't tried a shipping container though, but being able to throw over hedegrows has saved my ass a few times.

Can confirm you can throw over hedegrows and walls. Haven't tried a shipping container though, but being able to throw over hedegrows has saved my ass a few times.

Absolutely. One of my favorite tactics is to send a buzzard guy airborne to spot targets on the far side of hedgerows. Then other troops, positioned 2-3 spaces back from the hedgerow, toss some love to the ETs :cool:

Absolutely. One of my favorite tactics is to send a buzzard guy airborne to spot targets on the far side of hedgerows. Then other troops, positioned 2-3 spaces back from the hedgerow, toss some love to the ETs :cool:

Yep. I only recently realized how useful Buzzard troopers are, especially now that Harridans use their jumpjets too. Had some awesome running and jumping rooftop battles last game.

Even in open fields its just Pop one up, see what they see, apply four heavy weapons, rinse and repeat.