Can you re-order soldiers in a squad (i.e. map in a different order to the hotkeys)

My problem is thus - the soldiers in my squad (and therefore assigned to the hotkeys) is in a seeminly random preset order. I want to be able to reorder my solders so I can cycle through with the hotkeys relating to the soldiers I want (e.g. assults first, sniper next, riflemen next, support last etc). I cannot find any way to do this - you cannot drag soldiers around in the loadout screen, or drag portraits around in the aircraft positioning screen (although they don't appear in order for some reason!)

Am I missing some option/icon/toggle/way to reorder my solders in the squad or is this not a feature? If the latter then oh well, but if the former it'd be very useful to know what it is! Many thanks.

Lack of a tutorial (more than a small number text pointers) and manual yet-to-be added makes this difficult to fully get into as a player who's not played X-COM! I do enjoy learning and discovering how to do things but at the same time its meaning I miss how to do things. But I'm loving this game, don't get me wrong :D and its been created amazingly! First forum post too :P

(I could not find any information on this, if it already exists I'm more than happy to delete this thread)

I think you could do it by emptying out the drop ship, then putting them into the drop ship in the order you wanted.

As in remove them from the squad, then re-add them? I do not think this works but may not be what you meant!

This seems like quite a basic feature that seems odd to be missing. Wonder if its on the cards before full release, can't imagine it'd be hard to implement but I'm no programmer!

It sadly doesn't work. I also tried putting the soldiers into the dropship in the order I wanted them, but it orders them (apparently) randomly with no way to change it.

They are ordered by rank I think (high first, low last).

Ah, I have found a way!

The order you put them in the squad - i.e. from unassigned to the squad - is the order they are in for hotkeys BUT not the order they appear in the loadout screen.

Its very odd they are in a different order in the loadout screen but it DOES seem to work for in the actual missions (and for sorting out placement in the helo), who is bound to which key/number