Mod order installation?

syntaxerror

Do not try to merge little mods with big overhaul mods..There will be a conflict for sure. the mod at top got priority.

Big mods like XNT and Xenophobia got their own mod mods. Only use them together..

X-Division is stand alone mod and only use "map" additions to it..

Do not try to merge little mods with big overhaul mods..There will be a conflict for sure. the mod at top got priority.

Big mods like XNT and Xenophobia got their own mod mods. Only use them together..

X-Division is stand alone mod and only use "map" additions to it..

so non of this mods: http://prntscr.com/6h1578 is going to work? except the map packs maybe

why do u bother with them? dont u have steam and its workshop? after u choosed CE branch you already have map additions with it..

For x-division you dont need any other mods.. just maps..

I have steam and workshops but I haven't finished downloading the game yet.

I'm a mod addict. If you have played Baldurs Gate where they have a compiled 1000+ mods in one installer which almost perfectly works with one another (almost all 1000+) then you will understand why and I know Xenonauts have it's own limitation but the point is that I want to mod this game to its maximum.

But if what your saying "Xenophobia + XNT Into Darkness?" will work together then that would be great, and I will also try your "X-Division mod + Skitso's Megamix Map Pack + Kabill's Random Map Pack" if that won't conflict with each other.

There is also a bit of confusion....

There are two existing Xenophobia mods

1. http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11737-X1-09-X-CE-0-26HF-XENOPHOBIA-Ultimate-Compilation-Mod

2. http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12362-%28-1-07-1-09%29-completely-stable-Xenophobia-version-of-AND_GREAT

and a new one

3. http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12887-v1-09-X-CE-v0-28-Xenogenesis-Refined-and-Stripped-down-Mod-of-Xenophobia-1-50a

Edited by syntaxerror

Yeah i know baldurs gate very well.. but this game is not a rpg, so its more complicated.. Sometimes its not good when add everything.. like xenophobia..

You can try whatever you want..

not what I'm expecting...but I just really want to install mods that is compatible with each other that could bring the gaming experience to its maximum potential.

Does X-Division included the mod such as this: http://s004.radikal.ru/i206/1409/00/d5bd9b252740.jpg

Edited by syntaxerror

Yes, X-Division got the best little mods, including visual ones.. X-Division got all the compatible mods inside.. but its a hard mod.

Sound's awesome. Seems like the counterpart AIMNAS mod for Jagged Alliance, complete with tons of new crazy stuff but very hard to play at the same time.

Edited by syntaxerror

Having had a look at the mod list you've shown most of them should work with a total overhaul but there are some that might not.

Ones that might not include

• Boards
  • Instant Grenades
  • Project Mercury
  • Sleek AI turn

The way it works with the modular mod loader is every mod is given a priority (not quite sure how it works out priority). Then the mods are merged into the main code. Mods with a higher priority will overwrite any code which conflicts with a lower priority mod. This can lead to problems with total overhauls - if a total overhaul is lower priority than a smaller mod, a smaller mod can overwrite part of a larger mod and screw the game.

Edited by Max_Caine

Having had a look at the mod list you've shown most of them should work with a total overhaul but there are some that might not.

Ones that might not include

• Boards
  • Instant Grenades
  • Project Mercury
  • Sleek AI turn

The way it works with the modular mod loader is every mod is given a priority (not quite sure how it works out priority). Then the mods are merged into the main code. Mods with a higher priority will overwrite any code which conflicts with a lower priority mod. This can lead to problems with total overhauls - if a total overhaul is lower priority than a smaller mod, a smaller mod can overwrite part of a larger mod and screw the game.

Thanks! So I guess only the map pack and the sound pack is going to work well.

If you're considering running a heavyweight mod, such as X-Division or Xenogenesis, consider what the mod focusses on. Generally most mods tend to focus on weapons and equipment first, then branch out to other ground combat related aspects, then branch out further than that. A total overhaul will usually be very heavy on weapons, equipment and alien diversity - all ground combat, but light on geoscape, visual, aural and map aspects, so mods which focus on those areas have the least chance of screwing with a total overhaul. For example, my Flying Circus mod would slot into most total overhauls because (as far as I can tell) no total overhaul focusses on the air combat minigame.

EDIT: Also pure flavour mods (such as Lore+, Steelgonad's NamesoftheWorld or Jsleezy's Real Fighters) which don't interact with other game elements will always work because mods like those are the equivalent of inert gasses.

Edited by Max_Caine

If you're considering running a heavyweight mod, such as X-Division or Xenogenesis, consider what the mod focusses on. Generally most mods tend to focus on weapons and equipment first, then branch out to other ground combat related aspects, then branch out further than that. A total overhaul will usually be very heavy on weapons, equipment and alien diversity - all ground combat, but light on geoscape, visual, aural and map aspects, so mods which focus on those areas have the least chance of screwing with a total overhaul. For example, my Flying Circus mod would slot into most total overhauls because (as far as I can tell) no total overhaul focusses on the air combat minigame.

Ok since they focused in adding new stuff, I guess I can add mods that can changed visuals, such as new character faces, etc.

Just popping in to say that Instant Grenades will strictly speaking work (in that it will merge fine with X-Division) but it will only affect grenades which are in the vanilla game and not any of the new ones. So probably not worth using as you'll end up with inconsistent mechanics.