Alien Shot Mod Selection - How?

drages

How do the aliens choose the mod of fire?

I mean when burst and when single shot? And when they got more then one single shot mod at their weapon, which one do they choose? Is there any limitations here?

I am giving them 2 set of single fire so i want to know how they peak one? If they only use set1 so i will erase the 2. and balance it again..

thx

I think they choose randomly between single and burst (TUs permitting, of course). Certainly, I've not seen any obvious pattern although it's possible they have a preference towards burst when the chance to hit is sufficiently high.

However, to the best of my knowledge the AI never uses anything other than the first shot mode (i.e. snap) when taking a single shot. I don't know this for certain, but there has never been an instance where the AI appeared to take less than its maximum number of shots without either having spent TUs on moving or else having TUs reserved for reaction fire.

One partial work-around for this is to use burst as a alternative single-shot type. Obviously this only works with single-shot weapons but it allows you (for example) to give the AI access to a snap and aimed shot when using a Precision Rifle by setting the burst mode up as a single-shot high accuracy high-TU attack. I'm currently running this on a mod that I'm testing; not sure I've seen it in action yet but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

So kabil.. as i understand right.. u can make a snap shot as a set1 and a 1 shot burst as aimed shot..

As u know AIporp got something about engaging with %.. so for example aliens attack when they are at shoting chance over that %..

Hmm they all should be tested.. the tactic of u is perfectly usefull for enemies with snipers.. just need to figure out if there is a parameter about choosing burst or snap shot..

Yeah, that's what I meant. I suspect if there is something which affects chance to burst over single shoot then it is likely to be probabilistic (i.e. have a more or less likely chance under specific circumstances) rather than being deterministic. In any case, I suspect it won't be accessible outside of the .exe

Anecdotal evidence suggests that aliens always prefer burst shots over snap shots provided it meets the minimum % to-hit and they have the TUs after moving. Looking at GJ's previous posts, the AI calculates the best tile to stand in, moves to that tile, works out if it can burst or snap then bursts if it can, snaps if it can't. That's probably how you get situations where the alien seems to move uselessly - it works out the best tile to move to, moves to that tile then finds it doesn't have enough TU to fire a shot.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that aliens always prefer burst shots over snap shots provided it meets the minimum % to-hit and they have the TUs after moving. Looking at GJ's previous posts, the AI calculates the best tile to stand in, moves to that tile, works out if it can burst or snap then bursts if it can, snaps if it can't. That's probably how you get situations where the alien seems to move uselessly - it works out the best tile to move to, moves to that tile then finds it doesn't have enough TU to fire a shot.

thx max.. so do u have any info about "which singleshot AI choose"? For example a sniper alien in the best spot and will fire.. which shoot does he choose? max TU one or 2 shot with less acc?

There is a way to change the shoot behavior of the aliens but that need a lot of testing.

Normally all the variables involved: Min Accuracy, Engange Distance, Target preference, Script of the unit and other 2 more variables.

You easily can change the alien behavior to prefer single accurated shots and certain distance, and weapon type.