Bugs found during gameplay last night

Cross-posted to a new thread from here by request. Updates in-line.

1. Research Screen, Weaponry category is mispelled "Weaponary" (extra 'a')
  2. Weapon AP reservation setting not remembered across turns (causes extra micro at least IMHO)
    - Same for auto vs. snap shot
    - Ideally, you could set a default per soldier; then the tactical battle would remember whatever it's been changed to last for the duration of a battle.
  3. Weapon AP reservation kicks in even if the requested action is to fire a shot (should only prevent movement/inventory - again, IMHO) (Edit: Probably by-design; I wouldn't mind an advanced game option to 'allow shot to consume reserved shot' or something, but it's Pri 3ish)
  4. Not 100% sure, but seemed like weapon AP reservation was showing reserve when actually not, on a turn where the soldier was not panic'ed but had panic'ed the previous turn.
  5. Not sure if intended or not: An alien was facing away from my LZ; I shot and missed; when a second soldier got a bit closer the alien spun 180 and fired. I was expecting reaction fire only; not turning to that degree as well (45 might be ok, but 180?).
  6. Jackal Combat armor seems to be slightly color-shifted while the heal animation is playing.
  7. I've yet to NOT kill early-game aliens with a single burst from the Machine Gun. Even with a low (~14%) chance to hit. Not sure this much power is adequately balanced by the weight, but granted I haven't gotten very far into the campaign.
  8. I couldn't find the last enemy on a mission; I pulled all my units back to the Chinook but couldn't figure out how to dust off...? (Edit: Gorlom clarified how the control victory condition works for me. Thanks!
  9. Edit: Deleted, part of below
  10. First Corvette ground battle, the game stopped responding at the first hidden movement phase. Music kept playing, clicking the mouse made the normal little click as if it was my turn, but I couldn't escape out or anything; had to close the app.

Thanks for the report:

1, New issue, thanks

2, We know about this

3, I have to ask about this

4, I can't reproduce it (Save game pls, if you ahve)

5, AI is placeholder at the moment - at least they shot you. You should be happy :P

6, I can't see any difference

7, Sorry I don't understand you on this one. Can you explain this a bit simplier for me? :)

8, thanks Gorlom

9, Ok

10, We had this issue earlier, but no one mentioned the corvette, thanks

Pretty much what Gorlom said, balance issue. Even with a to-hit around 14%, One or two hits land and it dies. It's better than the sniper rifle at range if you compare damage vs AP used.

For a simple trial, run the same mission twice, once with snipers and m-16s, and again where everyone has an mg.

6 is likely to be a missing sprite; I think if you have an basic armoured guy use the medikit he suddenly gains Jackal armour for the animation, which I recall is the default if it can't find the animation for that armour.

Also the medikit animation looks like he's punching his patient in the head; I assume it's using the grenade animation as a fill-in.

Yep, both true. I raise the MG issue because 1) I assume it's never too soon to start talking about balance, though it may be too soon to start acting on it; and 2) Consider taking the UI on % to hit further. If each shot in a 5-shot burst has a 14% chance to hit, that's a 53% (1 - .86^5) chance to hit with at least one shot. I think a player's a lot more likely to spend the AP if they realize it's 53% chance to do *some* damage.