Edit in new types of Weapon Hardpoints for planes?

StK

I think I have an idea of how to go about it:

edit it in in the aircraft.xml, change the class in the aircraftweapons.xml of the corresponding weapons and check in the corresponding research and manufacturing files?

So my question is, is there anything hardcoded that would stop me from doing it?

As it seems to be a bit of work I wanted to ask if someone knows something that would make it impossible from the get go.

You know... before i put effort into it.

Curious.. Why didnt you guys use Unity 3D? From what I understand the engine your using is significantly limited in terms of functionality, as if its some throwback from 2003 (although the game dose look nice). Unity would be absolutely perfect for this game. Im rather intrigued as to why such engines as the one Xenonauts is built on are still used when you have things like Unity easily available.

Curious.. Why didnt you guys use Unity 3D? From what I understand the engine your using is significantly limited in terms of functionality, as if its some throwback from 2003 (although the game dose look nice). Unity would be absolutely perfect for this game. Im rather intrigued as to why such engines as the one Xenonauts is built on are still used when you have things like Unity easily available.

First coder hired picked the engine. When he left Goldhawk decided to stick with the engine instead of throwing away everything they had done up to that point. Why he picked the diner dash engine? Noone knows, but according to Chris he wasn't any good.