[v14.11 - Ground Combat] Stat boost problem still present

Conditions: Daytime, Sebillians, Scout (Major Damage), all squaddies armed with tier 1 arms and armour.

After several missions where my squaddies had been slowly going up in strength, I had to swap out some badly damaged squaddies for some recruited privates. The private in question had a strength of 54, was equipped with Jackal armour, shotgun, 1 extra clip, 2 flashbangs, 2 grenades, medikit. After combat, this private's strength shot up from 54 to 100, while the other squaddies made more modest increases of 1-2 points of strength. I had used the new game workaround to recruit squaddies for another base at this point.

mmm.. version v14.11 should be fine with strength increase.. Also, with your configuration (almost, couldn't get a scout crashsite) it worked fine for me, giving the correct +2 strength progress!

Can you please open up assets/gameconfig.xml and post here the content of the strengthProgress tag? Maybe is the workaround you used, but that shouldn't interfere with soldier's development..

I'll retry later using that workaround for hiring soldiers. Do you have any savefile (of the moments before the ground combat) to attach?

Sure thing. From gameconfig.xml, it says:

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="20" maxPointsInSingleBattle="40" globalMaxProgress="100" strengthCoeff="80" comment="Points are given when soldier moves of one tile while carrying a weight that is strengthCoeff percent greater than its maximum carry weight" />

Here's the savefile closest to a battle

And a picture of the after-action report.

Some additional things I will note are in both cases

• A squaddie had died
  • The squad was a mix of troops that had been in the dropship from the start, and unassigned troops
  • The strength boost seems to be random (aargh. intermittent bug!). Last time I saw it, it affected one trooper.

I just downloaded 14.1.1 standalone and can confirm that the bug was still there for me.

Deleted the old install directory before expanding the standalone.

First mission of an entirely new game. Did not change anything about the squad from the very start - no weapon changes, name changes etc.

None of my squad died. One dead Sebillian (non-combatant). All had their strength increased to around 80 and most were promoted to Captain (sorry - no screenshot)

This was almost identical to the first mission I tried with version 14.1 so I have had this twice in a row. I should point out too that it has been on two different PC's. This time it was my work PC, but last time it was my home PC.