[V12 - Ground Combat] Unconscious appear with two body

I managed to get my xenonaut unconscious and when I checked my other xenonauts inventory while he was over the first one, there was two bodies instead of just one. Here is pic. Same happened with civilian. The bloody bodies were named as xenonaut corpse and human corpse, but after the mission was finished, there were no casualties. On later mission I killed one civilian with my hunters rocket and there were only one body. Other civilian lost consciousness in smoke by that blast and had two bodies. I shot him and he died and now there were three bodies, two of them were corpse. I shoot them some more, but there were no more bodies.

I usually respect the lives of game characters. This testing makes me complete monster :(

Yeah, seems to be happening anytime someone falls unconscious.

To replicate:

One easy way to make your soldiers unconscious is to fire off a couple missiles and have them wander around in the smoke until they drop. Then you'll see the additional corpse.

hmm it looks he was inside the UFO. there might be other aliens lying there that died in the crash, snd he felt down in same square?

Seems unlikely since there is only one weapon. It appears the most likely scenario is that it is consistent with the xenonauts and civilians also display 2 bodies when unconscious.

• 1 month later...

Maybe similar issue:

I had an alien shoot something at one of my soldiers, after which my soldier was stunned/unavailable. The next turn he turned into an alien and started moving around. I shot this new alien dead, while the corpse fell, a new alien was standing "behind it". This way I killed the same alien about 8 times, each time a new one popping out of the old one. It did not fire at me.

Is this a chryssalid on steroids, or a bug?

Every kill left a body, too bad I didn't think about checking the corpses names/contents. Will do if this happens again.