[V22.9] Wounded soldier disappears in-flight

This is like the inverse of the recently introduced squad rearming-on-the-fly behaviour (which I would rather see reverted).

If a soldier gets wounded on a mission and then you run another mission without returning to base, the wounded soldier is mysteriously missing from the chopper. This seems counterintuitive to me, how does the soldier end up in the med bay if the chopper's still in the air? I expected the low-HP wounded soldier to still be available for the second consecutive mission.

I don't see that as a bug.

Maybe a debatable feature, but I find it rather consistent that too heavily wounded soldiers would sit out the next missions.

Consider they are lying somewhere safe inside the chopper or something...

Okay but they do not reappear in the soldier equipment screen even when the dropship returns to the base. They only show up when their health rises sufficiently to make them available for field action. It's definitely a bug for me.

Edited by KevinHann

I haven't been able to try it in 22.9 yet, but here's what I've noticed from the past few builds:

Basically a soldier too injured to be assigned to a dropship just vanishes until their "health" is increased to over 50% from the medbay. The biggest problem for me is that doesn't seem to unequip their gear, meaning later on you're missing items until that soldier can be accessed from the loadout screen. The only way to see if the soldier even still exists is from the Barracks (soldier hire/fire) screen.

I haven't been able to try it in 22.9 yet, but here's what I've noticed from the past few builds:

Basically a soldier too injured to be assigned to a dropship just vanishes until their "health" is increased to over 50% from the medbay. The biggest problem for me is that doesn't seem to unequip their gear, meaning later on you're missing items until that soldier can be accessed from the loadout screen. The only way to see if the soldier even still exists is from the Barracks (soldier hire/fire) screen.

Yup, exactly what I wanted to say. I figured the OP addressed the exact same situation is still present in 22.9.

I think the soldier equipment screen should list the wounded soldiers, confining them to the "unassigned" section (i.e. the game would not let you assign them to dropship(s) before they regained 50% health).

I wonder why this was not done from day one, btw.