My old concept of making an xcom remake

KOKON

Being programmer i also wanted to make an xcom remake but ok. I had some thoughts of how it should go.

Here is a link to the intro for red alert 2 game. From 9th second you can see an airspace map with soviet airforces approaching.

I imagine the same thing with 100 ufos coming and with 100 wings of soviet/british/us fighters coming for the intercept. With sinking fleet carriers on the map. With nuclear strikes on the landed alien battleships. With nuclear strikes on the alien infected territory (without player control). I want the map to be overwhelmed with action at least at the certain stage of the game.

Also i want to see alien battleships on the low orbit and to use nuclear missiles on them. Plus i want to see dead cosmonauts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]635[/ATTACH]

Edited by KOKON

Using nuclear missiles on your own territory is generally considered a bad idea. TBH since Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear weapons are generally considered a bad idea and a last resort. Something everyone hopes noone will ever use again because it can only lead to the destruction of our world.

Movies might have overused the "nuclear missile" card to try to show desperation. Nuclear missiles certainly has been devalued as a storytelling element if you plan on useing them on targets in and above your territory and in mass like that. Even if it is the coldwar era I dont think any military would use atomic weapons on themselves.

But disregarding the nuclear weapons bit I can't really imagine your vision or how the game would play out. What do you control and where? is it a RTS like C&C or TBS like UFO:EU? are you playing as soldiers on a smal map or are you playing as the intercept squadrons intercepting all the swarming aliens? You say it's an imagined X-Com remake but with everything swarming like that from the start how do you do ground missions?

You say it's an imagined X-Com remake but with everything swarming like that from the start how do you do ground missions?

You play 100% in the same way but there is a big ecosystem around you fighting aliens.

Edited by KOKON