[v22.8 Ground Combat] Invisible blocking tiles

I've recently run across some issues with invisible 100% blocking tiles on some maps. These usually happen around the chinook and landed/crashed UFOs.

See the picture, my machinegunner fired at the alien. All of his bullets impacted on an invisible blocking tile (100% chance to block) circled in red.

odd.jpg

odd.jpg

odd.jpg.bdd712064d4a45a89c88af8a753f23fe

That particular tile is blocked intentionally. It's set as a UFO hull wall in the submap. I think Chris wrote somewhere that it was to avoid clipping with the little pointy bit on the front of the ship, or something like that.

I'd rather not have it though.. it makes moving around light scout doors really difficult and annoying, especially when there's only little spare room around it - not to mention all the LoF issues etc. Gameplay should come before aesthetics...

Edited by Skitso

this one stands out badly because its so obvious that the game is blocking you there when all the visual information you get from the screen gives the impression you should be able to walk there, add that with the fact that you will do multiple light scout missions in the early part of the game and it will be very noticable to lots of new players too.

I have to agree. Of the many invisible walls (looking at you Chinook o.O) the ones surrounding some of the UFOs are the worst, especially the light scout . The issue is made even worse on one of the farm maps that the LS can spawn on where the fron of the UFO is right up against a hedge, leaving you with only one tile to walk through. Too many good men have died there because you cant retreat from that spot.