Soldier Stats in Battlescape?

As an early backer I wanted to wait until the game is finished (or at least almost). While playing the the first crash site I noticed that there seems to be no way to access the soldier stats while in battlescape. Maybe I just missed it, as searching google / this forum yielded no results.

On a similar note, I had the situation where I got the red alien icon, meaning some of my soldiers spotted an alien. Unfortunately I was not able to see any aliens. With the original x-com the map would give a quick help where that spotted alien was located. But I guess this feature was left out intentionally.

Other than that, fantastic work! I really enjoy playing xanonauts! :)

As an early backer I wanted to wait until the game is finished (or at least almost). While playing the the first crash site I noticed that there seems to be no way to access the soldier stats while in battlescape. Maybe I just missed it, as searching google / this forum yielded no results.

Stats are displayed in the top left corner of the inventory screen in ground combat. Although they're a little small!

The stats are somewhat hidden in the battlescape. It bothers me a bit, with them only featuring in the inventory screen.

I propose that they should appear by clicking on the soldier portrait. At the moment, that feature is redundant...all it does is show my handsome Xenonauts. I think it would be a good, flavoursome addition to ground combat if there was a dedicated stats section brought up via the portrait.