Sign in to follow this  
kabill

[v22.8] Shooting through Props?

Spotted this just now:

2014-05-13_00006.jpg

The line of fire is pathing right through the middle of the prop without incurring any penalty. However, if you offset the shot slightly so that it's moving through a corner of the prop instead, it returns 100% stopping chance.

Haven't noticed this anywhere else as of yet. For what it's worth, the prop is a damaged 100% cover desert rock. Overall it seems quite minor by itself, but I wanted to raise it in case it ends up being related to something more important.

2014-05-13_00006.jpg

2014-05-13_00006.jpg.4bce4ea81557acad36c

Are you sure they have a 100% stopping chance? If it's not then the cover would be disregarded as its in an adjacent tile. The other tilesets have those rocks set to 75%.

If it is, a save would be great.

Sadly don't have a save for this, but I'm 95% sure that the stopping chance was 100% (indeed, I remember being surprised by this because it doesn't look like it should have 100% stopping chance, which is why I'm pretty certain).

Even if it wasn't, though, the game was still returning a stopping chance when I targetted over a corner of the same prop from the same position. As you say, if the stopping chance is less than 100% it shouldn't do that because the soldier is adjacent to the prop. So either way there was an issue.

In any case, I'll keep an eye out and see if I can replicate the issue again if I have the chance.

I'll keep an eye out for it too, but those rocks do indeed appear to have a 75% stopping chance.