Is this game complete?

It is pretty much feature complete but not yet finally balanced or completely bug free.

The main issue currently seems to be overly powerful psi powers in the late game which can make completing it very difficult and quite frustrating.

That is currently being addressed by the devs so the next few experimental versions should have some improvements.

Those improvements may not be reflected in the stable branch for a little while but there should be more information on that as the changes are tested.

Hi, I recently purchased this game and was wondering if you can, more or less, finish this game from start to finish.

Thanks in advance.

Its certainly completable, but as others have mentioned the end-game balance is a little wonky. It'll take you a while to get to that point though, so I'd say there's no reason not to start a game on the stable branch now just so that you can get the hang of the mechanics. Hell, I've always gone into the XCOM games expecting I'd need to restart a few times to get it right, and Xenonauts has proven no different. Protip: Fighters are important. Very very important indeed.

There is still some polishing to be done, but it mostly works. I'm currently in the final mission - I'll post here when I manage to complete it (which would then mean the current build is completable).

So I did complete it on build V21 yesterday, though I will have to admit to editing the xml files a bit to:

1) enable MAG weapons (should be fixed in the next build)

2) nerf psionics to reduce Dread spam (still being balanced)

So there's still some polishing and balancing to be done, but after my first playthrough I must say I'm really happy with the game overall! We've been waiting for 15+ years for a proper X-COM sequel and this is it - I tip my hat to the guys at Goldhawk for taking on this project, I'm sure it hasn't been easy. Xenonauts feels like the good old X-COM that has been improved on in several areas and it's definitely one of those rare games that gives me that "holy crap is it 3 AM already?!" experience. :D

Couldn't agree more, aside from a few balancing issues I'm totally addicted to this game. It's moving from a diamond in the rough to a diamond, period. And GH's community interaction is something I've never witnessed before.

I'm playing v21 too (also nerfed psionics) so I'm happy to hear the game is completeable :)

Sort of. You could probably play it all the way through, but there are still some bugs and balance things that need to be fixed. One thing I am sure of, it's going to be really good in a couple months when it's released because it's in a pretty good state right now. I've seen games release in much worse shape than this, but, of course, that only hurt the publisher in the long run.