[v 9.0 ground combat] Sebillians not reacting/moving

In my first mission i first met some Sebillians, but they did not react on my soldiers (no reaction fire) and they did not seem to move (though i saw only 1 of them for 2 turns and at least that one didn't move during that time - btw the same alien which did not move was also the one with the sprite problem (turning into the other alien when shot) and he had a huge amount of health (i hit him 2 times with the assault rifle, 2 times with a shotgun and once with a sniper rifle before he died)).

The second sebillian (is it supposed to be only 2 of them?) did not react on my tank (but i don't know if he would have moved since i killed him the same turn i spotted him - i had no problems with killing this one, he seemed to have normal health)

Just like to confirm that this sounds exactly like the situation I faced last night. Was the Sebillian which didn't react positioned in the fenced off section directly over the road from the Chinook's ramp? That's where mine was, so if every last detail about him is the same then it maybe implies that something's not quite right.

Just like to confirm that this sounds exactly like the situation I faced last night. Was the Sebillian which didn't react positioned in the fenced off section directly over the road from the Chinook's ramp? That's where mine was, so if every last detail about him is the same then it maybe implies that something's not quite right.

I got a screenshot of his position in this topic: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?963-v9.0-ground-combat-Partly-invisible-stairs-on-farmland You can see him on the third attachment :)

Chris: AI Model - this is progressing but we're still working on it. It will follow as soon as possible. The game is very easy without it unfortunately, as aliens will only fire at you with reaction fire at the moment even if you stand directly in front of you...

At the bottom of the update Chris typed up it mentions that the AI isn't up and running yet. Above is what he wrote.

Hi Matthew, thanks for clarifying. I saw that the new AI didn't make it into this patch, I just wasn't sure if QuarterMaster was implying that the AI in v9 was maybe a step on in terms of development from the placeholder AI in 8.9, but which hadn't been properly/fully implemented, and so had actually led to worse behaviour than before.

If the AI is exactly the same then there must be another explanation for the Sebillians doing nothing, I'd imagine. Hope you guys can get to the bottom of it easily enough. :)

At the bottom of the update Chris typed up it mentions that the AI isn't up and running yet. Above is what he wrote.

I know about this, but they didn't even open reaction fire (or was their 360 degree view removed untill we get the next iteration of the AI?, because in that case it might have happned that i always appeared behind them and that they didn't see my troops (though its a bit weired not noticing an amoured car which almost drives you over ;) ))...

I know about this, but they didn't even open reaction fire (or was their 360 degree view removed untill we get the next iteration of the AI?, because in that case it might have happned that i always appeared behind them and that they didn't see my troops (though its a bit weired not noticing an amoured car which almost drives you over ;) ))...

I Had Three Ground Combats, First with Sebellians they did not react or move. Second Combat was with the Other Blue ones I want to call cereans but thats the egg head guy from Star wars. They moved and shot and reacted. Next Mission was with the Sebellians again, there were 3 or 4 this time, They did not move, but I did have one spin 180 and fire on my Soldiers, saw a Blue ball come flying at him. He returned Fire to the alien, alien shot again and hit this time. Didn't kill him (5 day wound). Maybe it has something to do with the ground combat sequence? (Oh and by the way, I remember the aliens spinning in place and firig in the old game, and I liked it, I Still do, someone trying to sneak up on you, in armor.. your going to hear and react... )