Percent based TU consumption by weapon fire.

Hety

Hello,

i tried to find some place where the change from flat rate TU costs to %-based TU costs was explained, but i failed miserably(the reasoning behind it). If someone can point me into the right direction i will be much obliged.

On the side note i hate it, really. Before you protected your best and knew they will be able to do two bursts/turn or other extraordinary feats by using their TU's. Now they just allow you to finish mission faster coz you can close in faster. Its so boring i want to cry.

Back to JA2 i guess

Hi Hety,

for some reason the quote function isn't working to me so I have had to copy the info here (thanks to Max_Caine and Phiveaces).

"Open config.xml

Find <PercentageWeaponCosts>1</PercentageWeaponCosts>

Set that to 0

Job done."

"ah.. not really.. cuz then all costs for all weapons are set to % values

edit weapons_gc.xml in assets folder ...

very much prefer war over pot shots...".

As said in the second quote - setting the flag to 0 takes the values listed in weapons_gc.xml as the amount of TUs used (for example, flag =1 MG uses 80%, flag =0, MG uses 80TUs).

Although I do not like the % of TUs system per shot, it fits better with the application of roles to the weapons.

Under the old system the MG was just a big rapid fire rifle - however I really liked the old Rambo-style MG soldiers...

More annoying for me is the situation where you open the UFO door, one guy shoots in, and then 4 aliens get reaction shots (some multiple, I had one alien shot two bursts) out....

In that kind of situation, what I do is open the door, thereby spotting the alien positions, then have somebody out of the aliens' potential line of fire throw smoke to cover the guys in danger before they move or shoot or take any action at all. Then everybody whips as many stun grenades as possible inside, and the guy that opened the door closes it. Repeat.