[v20 stable] Kidnapping Praetors

So I'd gotten into a large Andron base, blown past all the locked doors, got to the Command Room and stunned the Praetor Leader there. I also sent another guy over to blow up the power core.

I then got my Heavy with Predator armour to drop everything and pick up the stunned Praetor and we all headed back to the Deployment Zone and aborted the mission.

In the mission results screen, the Praetor was listed as captured: "Alien Captured ...... 1", but there was nothing sent to the research division. The base was counted as secured and gave me "+50" to my score, whatever that means. Funding level?

Anyway, the chinook gets back to base and lo and behold the Praetor is still in my soldiers inventory.

Don't you think that this should count as a Praetor capture and that it's possible that a player could just want to get in, seize the objective, return to LZ and Abort?

Large Alien Bases are huge. I sure as hell do not want to to be wandering around for ages killing every last guy. And I want that Praetor goddammit.

Also, having the Praetor in my inventory has corrupted the save. The game crashes when I load up the autosave after the base mission.

Corrupted Autosave: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_P-z4rOoNCmZDBfWDBTOUIyMTQ/edit?usp=sharing

^^ hope that link works.

So has there been any thoughts on this?

I'd like there to be the possibility of capturing an Alien by having it in one of your soldier's inventory, stunned at the end of a mission. This way you could do an Alien Base mission quickly by blowing the core and still have captured that Praetor..... without having to kill every last Alien.

The way it is now, the game crashes if it tries to load a save with an Alien in somebody's inventory.