Research happens before I bring items back!

This is not so much a direct bug, as an issue with suspension of disbelief - if I put research on something that I have just recovered from an assault, I sometimes get results before my helicopter is even returned from the mission.

Not sure how to change that without causing large issues from a coding perspective, but it just seems WRONG... :cool:

The items you recover from ground combat are never linked to the dropship in the game code.

There is no way to postpone the availability of the items until the dropship returns to base without recoding the way the items are generated and handled by the game engine.

A few ways to work around it were suggested like adding a delay on to the arrival of the items of a few hours but there would still be no guarantee that they wouldn't arrive before the dropship or even that the dropship wouldn't get shot down onthe way back and yet still manage to deliver the recovered items.

Basically it was decided that it wasn't essential and each way had their own drawbacks so it was left alone.

The current way works and is no better or worse than the possible alternatives but has the advantage of not requiring any more work or bug fixing to implement.

well then lets just pretend that the strike team discribed the objects to the lab. Then in order to study the object they have to prepare the room, gathering mashines changing tools etc., so the lab can infact start with the whole process before the object arrives (for bigger objects they may even need to push some tables together!!!).

btw i meant the research time increase for items that are auto investigated (autopsies and ufo details)

Ah but then what happens if the Chinook is shot down?

The items never arrive so how can the research be finished?

I usually just work on the assumption that what you suggest is the actual process though, I don't want or need to look into it any more deeply :P

Auto researched items don't have a research time as far as I know, they happen instantly as they don't go through the research system at all.

Well,i can get how the soldiers can transfer data from UFO datacore. The premature autopsies,however,require some crazy modeling equipment :)

Although if you don't send dropships way outside radar coverage for the housing base, they always come back earlier then research is done. Multiple teams incentive!