20.8 'Run in window' option does not work when selected

There is a problem with the game engine that prevents windowed mode from working unless your selected resolution is a little smaller in both dimensions than your desktop resolution.

This is not something Goldhawk can alter as it is part of the engine source code that they do not have the rights to modify.

It should work though if you select a smaller resolution.

For example my native desktop resolution is 1680x1050 so windowed mode works at 1600 by 900 and below.

If I try to go with a higher resolution it defaults back to full screen.

You can also take screenshots using the print screen key, ctrl-print screen, and alt-print screen.

This saves an image of your current window or screen (I forget which command saves which image) to your clipboard which you can then paste into an image editing program (paint, paint shop pro etc).

Some people have said this doesn't work for them but I haven't had any problems so can't really suggest any other work arounds.

It should work though if you select a smaller resolution.

For example my native desktop resolution is 1680x1050 so windowed mode works at 1600 by 900 and below.

If I try to go with a higher resolution it defaults back to full screen.

Obviously, I hadn't selected a smaller enough resolution when I tried this the first time.

Obviously, I hadn't selected a smaller enough resolution when I tried this the first time.

Most people expect windowed mode to allow all resolutions including a full sized window (which it should) but playground sdk doesn't work too well.

Maybe the next Goldhawk game will have a better engine ;)

If you have time give it a test and see if going back to a single monitor fixes the problem, it likely will.

Just out of interest.