Hyperwave Decoder in v19

Sapare

I know this is kinda a specific thing and will be a short-lived topic but I heard that the Hyper-wave decoder(or equivalent) should be in version 19 stable there was some minor bug where the research topic never becomes available?

I am hoping that it be an easy fix that I could quickly go into the files and solve for my version 19 run as that seems like a major problem(as in, to bring the whole game to a halt.)

Because I just finished doing the interrogation on a commander from the alien base and after that I kinda hit a dead end, I am assuming that is why.(I actually forgot to read what my next objective is so I might be wrong here, I would look it up but Ironman/streaming it so I can't end the mission/finish it atm)

There also was the case that I finished the alien commander interrogation, it opened up the xenopedia but to no page. (only other time it did that was with the laza airplane weapon I believe, but I know that is fixed for v20 and the weapon is still build able) Though it did open the research topic of the alien base itself, which I did(weirdly enough it was on 'exelent' progress even with just 1 scientist) and it gave me some info on the base that was kinda useless.

So yea, any easy way to make the hyperwave decoder work and is there a known dead end to the game where the quests simply stop working?

It was meant to appear in V19 but I don't think we actually got the bug fixed until the last Experimental build. We did a new prop for the alien Communications Array but forgot to update the recoverable settings for it.

It's an easy enough fix using the Sub-Map editor. Just find the offending sprite in the alien base comms room and make sure the Recoverable box is ticked and has the right string in it. I think it's something like items.aliencommunicationsarray or something? You can find it as a prerequisite in researches.xml anyway.