Naming Aircraft

When I hit the final tier of aircraft, I like to give them names. For drop ships, this is easy: Sigrún, Hrist, Kára; name them after the Valkyries. But what about interception aircraft? I came up with the idea of naming them based on the country the craft is in, taking historical figures or members of their pantheons: South Africa has Shaka and Tikdoshe, Asia has Kublai and Ghengis, Europe has Thor and Sigfried. What do you guys do?

UI's should be (ideally) designed for the lowest common denominator. As soon as you start saying "Well, what the user should be looking at is...", you've got a second rate UI with a side of excuses. If the AC identified the planes as A, B, C, or if the game assigned randomized callsigns to the fighters, there wouldn't be an issue.

I didn't even say what it should look like. I said what it literally looks like. I would say that the LCD is able to associate numbers and relative positions (hint: 1 is at the top of the giant list that takes up something like 25% of the screen's real estate), but clearly you prove that's not the case.