[V20.7 - Air Combat] Autoresolved air combat doesn't use weapons?

So, a light and heavy scouts UFOs appeared and I thought I'd see what happens with 2 Foxtrots and a Condor with autoresolve on the light one. They obviously won, so I thought to try and see what happens if I select new target, as the heavy scout was in range. To my surprise, they had full load of armaments, so I downed two UFOs in one loadout.

Edit: Tested a bit further and found that occasionally it does use armaments and shows it as a percentage, same with damage. However, when even two Foxtrots can down a UFO and come out of it with either 100% weapons, or just blank stats, it does raise some eyebrows and is an obvious balancing issue. At best, when 3 scouts appeared close together, I was able to kill all in a single excursion!

Edit2: A corsair and 2 Foxtrots that with combined alenium weapons and no laser gatling can damage a landing ship up to 96% but not destroy it, even theoretically. However, autoresolve decided that it was not only OK to defeat the UFO with 0 casualties, but also just fine to destroy the lone interceptor UFO that decided to attack the squadron on its way back to base.

Edited by Miyuki

• 1 year later...

air percentage is realy strange in calculation. now it's 1.5 and i have other side - i have 2 foxtrot on mission with 4 alenium missle total that never shot down Cruiser-I no matter how hard i tried to do it in manual battle, yet autoresolve shows slight chance by 22% of winning the battle, so by pressing save/load button i can win the battle automaticaly.

This is a very old bug report you've resurrected, but the idea is that the autoresolve is a bit more forgiving than the manual resolve anyway. Autoresolve is an approximation anyway so it'll never be able to completely match what a player can / can't do.