Chris , will you play the final version from start to end ?

gobyfly

I dont know if you have got this question before , but thought it would be fun to ask.

When the final build is done , will you play the game from A -> B ? Start to finish ?

Or is it such a big "spoiler" to make the game that you wont play thru it ?

Give me youre thoughts if you would !

Cheers ;)

Yeah, I'll play it. I'll have to for balancing and bugfixing at the very least. Whether I'll enjoy it or not is a completely different matter :)

To a degree, knowing exactly how everything in the game works means a lot of the curiousity evaporates though - looking behind the curtains and all that. So probably I won't spend much time playing it for fun, no.

Yeah, I'll play it. I'll have to for balancing and bugfixing at the very least. Whether I'll enjoy it or not is a completely different matter :)

To a degree, knowing exactly how everything in the game works means a lot of the curiousity evaporates though - looking behind the curtains and all that. So probably I won't spend much time playing it for fun, no.

I'm wondering do you play video games? If so what was the last good game you played and when was the last time you played it? what are some of you favorites?

I know I should assume just because you are a game developer you play video games or have played them a lot in the past and are a big fan of certain ones, but this is not always the case. Though usually the games that are deep and well done and have a certain heart felt genuineness about them are made by developers who have a passion for video games and particularly the type they are working on.

Last game I played was Battlefield 3 about 2 hours ago. The major games I've played this year are Deus Ex 3, Portal 2 and The Witcher 2, all of what I'd highly recommend. I have Arkham Asylum, Magika and GTA4 sitting on my PC too which I've not yet played and Skyrim is pre-ordered.

I don't actually game more than an hour a day on average, and usually less than that. I probably would if I had more time though.

Last game I played was Battlefield 3 about 2 hours ago. The major games I've played this year are Deus Ex 3, Portal 2 and The Witcher 2, all of what I'd highly recommend. I have Arkham Asylum, Magika and GTA4 sitting on my PC too which I've not yet played and Skyrim is pre-ordered.

I don't actually game more than an hour a day on average, and usually less than that. I probably would if I had more time though.

That's mostly true for me too. I would say I play about an hour a day sometimes not at all. Though I buy and play a lot of different games and tonight I'd say I played a good two and a half hours or so.

As for BF3 I think I'll skip it. I'd prefer ARMA 2. No battlefield and COD just aren't realistic enough and don't have the tactics and detail that ARMA does you basically rely on speed for those games. As for Deus ex 3 well I loved the original

and hated the second one but three in my opinion was just ok and didn't reach the level that DE1 did its hardly worth playing over again. Portal 2 was good but a little overrated I think. Just a puzzle game-which there were plenty of in the all the Half-life games- seems that everyone went nuts over Portal 2 when it came out and thought it should be game of the year though after

a month or so no one even wanted to talk about it any more.

Hah, and The Witcher 2 I never finished and don't really care to. I think they should have put it on the console first.

Its to much of an action game and not enough of an RPG, Also,I don't like the main character that I'm stuck with

and I thought the first one was actually better. As for Arkham asylum great game almost perfect and wait till

you try arkham city what a masterpiece of a game even if you don't care for that action adventure genera.

I was just playing Arkham city. It is amazing the voice acting the many facets of gameplay the way it feels the animations the story the characters. And I don't even care about the original batman or comic adventure It just a very well crafted game though n though.

As for skyrim I have been waiting so long of this! I hope it lives up to the greatness of the other Elder scrolls.

That game has been my most anticipated for this year. Then again there have been so many titles ruined lately, even

Civilization. I hope they don't mess up with it.

Edited by windex

As for BF3 I think I'll skip it. I'd prefer ARMA 2. No battlefield and COD just aren't realistic enough and don't have the tactics and detail that ARMA does you basically rely on speed for those games.

Having played all three series, and being a Infantryman, I'll take my BF3 over ARMA1/2! ARMA1/2 is too realistic. I know I can hit a guy at 300m, but it feels like the computer is fighting me when I try. Add to that the feeling like I'm stuck back at one of the training centers (Irwin or Polk)... *twitch*

And COD has been a mess since MW2. I'm never buying another till they fire everyone and start fresh.

Having played all three series, and being a Infantryman, I'll take my BF3 over ARMA1/2! ARMA1/2 is too realistic. I know I can hit a guy at 300m, but it feels like the computer is fighting me when I try. Add to that the feeling like I'm stuck back at one of the training centers (Irwin or Polk)... *twitch*

And COD has been a mess since MW2. I'm never buying another till they fire everyone and start fresh.

I don't like ARMA because I want feel like I'm in real combat. It's just the more realistic a game the more detail the depth and balance not to mention the huge amount of content and the size of the map, the power of the editor.

I guess I can understand your position though. Though there are quite a few vets who frequent the ARMA forums

I don't like ARMA because I want feel like I'm in real combat.

Oops, I didn't mean it that way! More like the "Standard" is A-B-C-D-E-F and the field/deployment standard is A-C-E. ARMA is more of the former and less of the later. And yeah its a step or more above them. I miss Joint Operations by Nova Logic for the same reasons you stated.