[V19 stable Hotfix] Clone soldier and other bugs

Hello,

after playing some time with the new v19 release, which I find a great step forward, I have found some bugs:

- One soldier name and icon is always in the drop ship, regardless if the "real" soldier is selected to be in there.

If the real soldier is used, the name (and character) is present twice. It is possible to position the green icon(s) in the drop ship map, but when the click-hold&drag action takes too long the game CTD.

If all soldiers are deselected the clone remains. The click-hold&drag has the same CTD effect, although only one icon is there.

During the mission the soldier can be used independently from the other with the same name. They have the same equipment and when the weapon is changed on one, the other changes too. Haven't tested if they share damage as well up to now.

Renaming one of the two will change both.

Here is a picture of my clone soldiers:

clone soldier.jpg

Now I could call it "clone wars" from now on...hmmm NO.

- Every now and then the icons of the world map cannot be clicked. Often when an alien base assault is finished and sometimes when a ground mission is finished too. The time can be accellerated and stopped as usual but the icons do not work. The loading of the autosave file is the only help here.

- Sometimes in combat missions targetting an enemy is not possible and the game soon will CTD. Same happens when some soldiers can't be selected by mouse.

- Sometimes a soldier in the drop ship can't be selected by mouse, only by mouse-wheel or by the number-icon. Only soldiers that are next to the drop ship wall that is covering the majority of the soldiers body have this issue. This will NOT cause CTD.

- When soldiers are next to the wall of crashed UFOS (scouts for instance) they are partly hidden by the UFO, as if there is a ledge above them, but there isn't on the other side of the UFO.

- When a soldier is kneeling next to a wall (wall gets transparent to show him), healing is not possible as the healing cursor will not lock-on. The kneeling soldiers has to stand up and the healing cursor has to be pinpointed precisely to his head which is uncovered by the transparent wall.

- During an alien base attack one of my soldiers hid behind an obstacle. This obstacle was destroyed and all surrounding tiles where damaged by enemy fire. The soldier could not walk/shoot/thrown over the damaged tiles or the vanished obstacle. Enemies did not attack him either.

no bugs:

- When jets are shot down during an air combat the jet is not lost completely. I don't know if this is wanted that way. The repair takes some time so I guess this should represent the rescue/salvage of the wreckage. If it is this way I think it is a good solution and no money is wasted for endless new jets, but if a jet is shot down over the ocean I don't think the wreckage can be salvaged. Maybe these jets should be lost and the next jet should be cheaper than the regular achieved jet as it was "killed in action". What do you think?

- What happend to the improved first aid kit (100 instead of 50 healings)? Was it removed or changed to another research branch that I may not have pursued so far?

Overall the game is much fun and CTDs are much less happening than before.

Grenades work!!!!

clone soldier.jpg

577e7cc33e5a7_clonesoldier.thumb.jpg.572